Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Please: new Priceangels 200 mW green laser isn't working

Hello,

A few weeks ago I ordered a green laser pointer at Priceangels.com (200mW 532nm Mid-Open Green Laser Pointer(1*CR123A Included) $40.72 Free Shipping)
I received it yesterday.
When I tried to see it work, I put the battery in wrong (+ to the spring, like other lasers I got) it wasn't working. Then I tried - to the spring and I saw a big green dot for about 1 second and then it disappeared.
Suddenly there was no light at all.
First I thought it had something to do with the battery because I noticed that when I looked into the laser (yes I know, dangerous) I did see the small red light you see when your green laser battery is very low. Today I bought a knew battery but still the same problem :yabbem:! The laser itself cost me €33,- and the new battery €7,- and I hope someone can help me out.

Greetings from Holland

buy a new module :/
or actually .. did the laser come with instructions?

No it didn't come with instructions at all, other, less powerful lasers I bought usually did come with instructions but this one didn't. Is there no hope at all?:undecided:

Last edited:
Welcome to the wonderful world of cheap lasers. Unfortunately from what you're saying it looks like you killed it by putting the battery in the wrong way.

If there were no instructions on how to operate this laser at all, I would send it back. If there were instructions, than you're out of luck.

If it makes you feel any better... I've done it too. RIP 200mW greenie :(

In one of my greenies, I did put in the battery wrong. There was a kind of click sound and smell of burned circuits... It never worked again.
Did you ever try to hook it up a new driver , cause probably the IR diode and the rest still works.

I think I may have killed everything.. My soldering skills aren't great, but there is a chance the diode is still ok... I was planning to play with it more at some point, but it's just been laying in a drawer for the past month.

It was probably at least 50mW, maybe more, so not a terrible laser, but nothing special either.

Welcome to the wonderful world of cheap lasers. Unfortunately from what you're saying it looks like you killed it by putting the battery in the wrong way.

If there were no instructions on how to operate this laser at all, I would send it back. If there were instructions, than you're out of luck.

If it makes you feel any better... I've done it too. RIP 200mW greenie :(

Not sure if I'd agree. It's common knowledge that all green lasers are case positive (IR diodes anyways). This is also not his first green laser so the mistake was just by accident, not by lack of knowledge. Thus, the instructions would not of made a difference in this case.

Last edited:

Trevor

I looked into the laser (yes I know, dangerous) I did see the small red light you see when your green laser battery is very low.

I know I'm parroting you, but it still should be said for any Google landings. Please don't do this. :yabbem:

-Trevor

I got a small green laser (50 mW, keychainsize) where you got to put + to the spring, so it's not the same with all green lasers or am I missing a part of common knowledge now?