Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Please, help me take apart a cheap laser pointer &

Hi, guys.

While awaiting for my aixiz housing to arrive, I`ve already assembled LD drive and an open can 20x dvd-rw diode. Works like charm. Apparently no optics around, so I`ve bought a cheap ass <$1, <1mW little chinese piece of shit of a pointer, in hope to take it apart and put my diode in, so as to use it as a housing with optics. Now, I tried to unscrew this black plug but it got almost cracked apart and didnt turn a degree. It`s like glued or smth.

Anyone had an experience with one of those? Could you be so kind as to give me tips, so I dont spoil this baby.

Best regards!

Attachments

• lpointtterr.jpg
    lpointtterr.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 1,199

Re: Please, help me take apart a cheap laser point

It's probably epoxied in place at the point where the laser gives optimum focal power. It's gonna bet awfully hard gettin' that out of there, without damaging SOMETHING, SOMEWHERE :'( rob :cool:

D

D.S.Darkness

yea, ive takin a few pointers like that apart for the hell of it, and those are usually glued, you can try to cracking the clue by twisting back and forth some, but otherwise, kinda out of luck :/

You can try this method, but I'm NOT handing out ANY GUARANTEES with this method, but you just might get it opened if the glue job to close it was done half-assed ;) You'll need 2 sets of channel locks or slip-joint pliers, I prefer 1 of each kind. Then ( I use GORILLA TAPE, but regular Duct Tape works almost as good ) for GORILLA TAPE, 1 layer will suffice, but for regular Duct Tape you'll need at least 2 layers of tape covering the teeth on the jaws of each set of pliers or whatever you've used. Then grip the laser as close to the opening junction as you can, one on either side of the seam. Now don't squeeze too hard or you'll smash the ends of the laser halves. Just get a good snug grip, & give a quick, hard twist, in opposite directions. Hopefully, this will crack the glue bond, without smashing anything. If it didn't break loose the 1st time, try it again. If the 2nd try didn't break it loose, then try a firm, but steady pressure in opposite directions, but not too hard so you don't smash the ends of the laser tube. That's about the only way that I know of to get those S.O.B.'s apart. If anyone else out there in laserland knows a better way, please chime in & drop your 2 cents in, I'm sure Oxymorphone would appreciate it. GOOD LUCK OXYMORPHONE, rob :cool:

Thanks guys! Did just like you said, well I`m too clumsy, and did crack it up a little. It looks beaten but what needs to be good is still good, so I`ll try to choke my diode into this housing.

Cheers!