Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Please help me find a better LED flashlight.

Found this flashlight:

Aurora AK-P7-5 SSC-P7-C-SXO 5-Mode 700-Lumen LED Flashlight with Assault Crown - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

And got one. Loved it so much, got my father in law, and a mechanic at work to also buy some. They were both shocked with the output and price. Now several months later, both the mechanic, and my father in law's units are junk. (I rarely use mine, so its still fine).

The problem is a screw comes loose that holds a tiny ground strap to the driver, and the driver to the heatsink, and the power cuts in and out. The hole gets stripped, and there is noway to easily fix it. I'm going to try and mess with one tonight, maybe solder something.

Anyway, this flashlight is perfect. Awesome brightness, great size and shape, great beam throw etc. Its perfect for the mechanic, and for my father in law to take hunting. Is there any other better built lights out there that match the output/size, and uses an 18650? I'm having a hard time finding anything. I don't have a problem paying more, I understand you get what you pay for, (this light for example) but I really don't want to go over say $75ish.

Thanks for any help!

Fenzir

Check DinoDirect, a flashlight enthusiast friend of mine says that they are A-okay to buy flashlights from. But they do not have a "high quality" library. But he has some $700 flashlights. Apparently, you get good bang for your buck there.

I got a Free Gift "small sun" from them, and another en route. Pretty cool, can just see the beam at night.

After working on the old light, found out the problem was in the tail cap. I tore it apart, and couldn't find anything wrong, but its still won't work. (you can beat on it and it will work for awhile, but then it just goes dim again)

The same light still gets awesome reviews, I guess I just got an unlucky two.

After reading the posts in here, and some other threads (and some reviews) I decided to go with a new XM-L LED light, everyone says they are much brighter than the P7. I chose this one:

UltraFire TH-T60 HA-II XM-LT60 5-Mode 1200-Lumen White LED Flashlight with Strap (1 x 18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Ordered 2 of em, lets hope I have better luck this time.

That's the same one I have and I also did a review on it. It's a great light and very bright!

Actually... It's the wrong light.. lol... :crackup:Sorry. :eek:

Edit: What's wrong with me??? That is the right light!:banghead:

Last edited:
Actually... It's the wrong light.. lol... :crackup:Sorry. :eek:

Edit: What's wrong with me??? That is the right light!:banghead:

Yeah its the same. I ordered from the US warehouse, so hopefully it doesn't take eons to arrive. They shipped yesterday.

I noticed they been putting more items in the US warehouse, which is a good thing! Tell me how that goes in terms of shipping time and packaging, if you don't mind.

I noticed they been putting more items in the US warehouse, which is a good thing! Tell me how that goes in terms of shipping time and packaging, if you don't mind.

Got both flashlights yesterday. I placed the order on the 7th, it shipped on the 10th, and arrived on the 12th.

Wait, what? DX has a US warehouse now? So I could potentially order something and get it within a week instead of sometime that month or the next? Is there any way to tell if it's stocked locally?

Wait, what? DX has a US warehouse now? So I could potentially order something and get it within a week instead of sometime that month or the next? Is there any way to tell if it's stocked locally?

If its in a US wharehouse, it will say so under the item description. It will tell you to click on another sku.