Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Please help! >200mW laser problem

So I've only had this laser for just over a day, and its been fine. until I picked it up this morning, and focused it to a point... When it was as sharp as it could be, there in the halo, was what looked to be a faint copy of the dot to the right, but when I focus the head, and keep the laser stationary, it rotates with the lens... In a quarter of a rotation, it shows up, gets bright, then dissapears (The extra dot). It looked like a reflection, but I moved it down, wiped it, cleaned all accessable lenses, cleaned the diode, and its also a >200mW rayfoss focusable red laser. Please help, I havent droped it, or anything. I cant take a picture because my camera is broken.. Thank you VERY much

Last edited:

Are you sure it's an extra dot, not a line through the main dot, like this: ---o--- ? This line is a well-known property of a common red laser diode, the LPC-815.

Yeah, there is that... But I just noticed, it flucuates alot! There is a line through it all the time. sometimes the frikken red splash makes it look like a spotlight, but when I unscrew the focus head off, and screw it back on, and switch the battery with a fresh, it goes away. Then theres the not so center halo, which around the dot, but slightly to the upper right, THAT goes away, when I did the switch of the batteries, and replace of the head, but so does the extra dot... But it comes back.