Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Please don't delete your sold items thread!

Hey guy's,
I noticed a few people on LPF tend to edit and erase the OP and title in their BST thread after it's been sold. I wish people wouldn't do this. Even if an item has sold there is still helpful and valuable information in there you are deleting. For example if I am buying or selling a laser its good to look back through the archives and see what the asking price was, what it sold for, the questions and answers being left there, peoples opinions on the item ext. Or sometimes I just enjoy looking through these old adds.
All you have to do is edit the title of the thread by adding the word SOLD. There's no reason you have to delete the entire OP.

Hi OM,
I agree with that i reference from past posts to they are very valuable in forms of info tracking on a particular subject .

Rich:)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I also agree that it can be helpful to use those old BST threads for future reference. I personally use the BST thread quite often to check asking prices, status, etc.

Cel

I couldn't agree more! :beer:

After the posts are deleted, even the photos are gone, which is not cool at all!

Hi,
Keep this thread going it's very valuable info for all who need to reference ..
Rich:)

how about 'Closed' or 'Finished' on a Group Buy Thread??
( I will change it-- may want to do another)

I agree with just 'sold' added to OP BST titles-- however the peeve I have is NOT putting anything when a BST is done and gone..

wtw? 'got my $$, don't care'..

hk