Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Please advise, 635nm Pinout. Cannot find anywhere.

IsaacT

So I used the Iron4D to originally build my 635nm laser. But the laser has died and I am 100% positive only the driver is dead. I have a driver but I cannot find the pinout of these 300mW 635nm Mitsubishi Diodes ANYWHERE. I have searched and searched and searched.

If anyone has the info I would greatly appreciate it. I looked at the data sheet but it makes ZERO sense to me. All I see is a bunch of lines and stuff.

Thanks,
Isaac

I think the pinout is the one in the attachment, although I am not sure. This is what I understand from the datasheet.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 557

IsaacT

So if I am using a round mohgasm, I simply attach a lead from the LD+ pad to the top pin, a lead from the LD- pad to the bottom pin, and leave the case alone?

Thanks,
Isaac

Yes, or if the host is case negative you can take the case pin and solder it onto the IN-, likewise if it is case positive solder the case pin onto the IN+(This configuration simply makes a build more convenient)

Last edited:

Blord

Yes, that is correct. The beauty of a case neutral diode is that neither pin is connected to the case. You have more choices in drivers and hosts.

IsaacT

Okay, so I connected it all up and it is not lasing. I am guessing that when the previous driver died it may have sent a shock of some sort to the diode and blew it? Or is there another possibility?

Thanks....may have one more for my small but slowly growing diode graveyard. Although I haven't kept them... :/

IsaacT

I just ordered the 756mA Mohgasm Round Driver from Mohgasm's store...I assumed it would work....is that a mistake?

Blord

If the driver and the batteries are okay then it must be the diode fault.
Maybe the original driver was good in the first place and the diode has died.

IsaacT

That would suck. Well whether it was good or wasn't, it is dead now....I had to grind the Iron4D down to get it off the diode pins. No water what I tried it wouldn't come off with heat. Oh well. I ordered a 300mW Single Mode 650nm Diode from DTR for 21 dollars and a 386mA Mohgasm driver and I'll just change out the parts when they get here.