Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Playing with my new TMack builds... (lots o' pics)

So I drove up to meet TMAck yesterday after work and pick up a 'set' that he built for me. :thanks: I spent over 4 hours 'playing' in his living room! haha...

Awesome guy, lots of knowledge, and some *very* cool toys... :D

So my setup includes: 4 custom built 501b hosts, color coordinated (or pretty damn close to) the appropriate wavelength, good quality cells to run them all, a snazzy 'smart' charger, and a nice padded case to carry everything in! And as you can see, the case is big enough to carry my only other laser (a funky looking chinese 445), my LaserBee LPM, spare batts, etc... it all fits nice n' snug.

Here's a pic of the finished product:
P1000745.JPG

About to turn these things on inside the house:
P1000754.JPG

Not much to see in the 'beam' department inside:
P1000756.JPG

Let's go upstairs to the master bathroom and open a window:
P1000762.JPG

Finally some good beam shots:
P1000765.JPG

P1000766.JPG

P1000768.JPG

I let the quartet cool down for a few, and rearranged just a bit:
P1000772.JPG

Pretty distinct color separation, and I'm using a relatively inexpensive Panasonic point-and-shoot:
P1000773.JPG

P1000775.JPG

I've got the specs in an email somewhere... Perhaps TMack will see this thread and chime in if he remembers... I know the 445nm came in at 2.7-2.8W, the 405nm was around 950mW, and the 520nm might have been around 180-185mW? I don't recall on the 638nm... Maybe 500mW...

Anyways, here is my first venture into some custom lasers... If I can find the time, and do a little more reading on here, I'll perhaps try to build a few of my own a little ways down the road... We shall see! Too. Many. Hobbies. Already... :eek:

Thanks again to TMack... and to everyone else on here who makes this forum a true wealth of knowledge and info!

- justin

That's a great set you got a hold of! Congrats! Looks like Tmack did an excellent job with those:beer:

Nice Set ! :)

Tmack is a great guy and a great builder. Take care of these lasers :beer:

Tmack

Thanks so much guys. Really enjoyed this set, and it was a pleasure meeting Mr. J .

I've been building alot lately, but this set really stands out.

Your specs are right on btw. :)

And those shots turned out fantastic.

It's really a rare opportunity in our hobby to meet who your working with, and on the few occasions it's happened, I haven't been let down. Love this community, and the good friends I've made.

Tmack has always been a great guy to do businerss with, IMO. I'm sure those builds are every bit as good as they look. Congratulations.

Tmack, haven't touched base with you in a while. Hope everything is going well for you.

Teej

I have two of Tmack's works, and he is a MASTER.

He really sweats the details and wants the lasers to be as perfect as he can get them.

He's FAST too, which makes waiting easier too.

:D

Tmack

Thanks so much guys.
I have to give all the credit to the great people of this forum.

Lpf born and raised!

Making alot of good friends over at cpf.

Teej, Alex, Mike Sloan, Justin, among others are really awesome guys that I'll vouch for anytime. :)

Thanks guys! Your going to love that orange host Alex.

You cpf guys definitely go hard! Your collections are growing as fast as your knowledge.