Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pictures of my AT Laser Athene II RGY

Received it today and am very happy with it ;)

IMG_0636.JPG

IMG_0637.JPG

IMG_0638.JPG

IMG_0639.JPG

IMG_0640.JPG

IMG_0641.JPG

IMG_0642.JPG

IMG_0643.JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

IMG_0645.JPG

IMG_0646.JPG

IMG_0648.JPG

IMG_0649.JPG

There are some pretty hefty spelling mistakes dotted around it :)

Just need to figure out how the hell to DMX it up to my computer (Freestyler ?) now as there isn't a lot of info in the instruction manual.
Do I need specific Laser graphics software for it to command it and if so, what does anyone recommend, freeware preferred as I am not going to do any shows or anything!

Anyone know at all????

Please ;)

Thanks

Can you give me some sort of idea on how that would be acheived please as I haven't a clue how to inderface it to a DAC?
The only input (and output as you can see from the pic's) seems to be for linking these make of lasers together?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking preferably to use it via my soundcard and am looking for some sort of SW that will enable me to create my own graphics and to be able to do just that?

Thanks

Things

smogthemog said:
There are some pretty hefty spelling mistakes dotted around it :)

Just need to figure out how the hell to DMX it up to my computer (Freestyler ?) now as there isn't a lot of info in the instruction manual.
Do I need specific Laser graphics software for it to command it and if so, what does anyone recommend, freeware preferred as I am not going to do any shows or anything!

Anyone know at all????

Please ;)

Thanks
Well, for the DMX, you'd have to buy a USB DMX converter. i have one i bought from www.enttec.com, called the USB DMX pro. Just take a look into the massive RGY review thread on this board, all the info you need about DMX is in there, including software, the interface, and even how to set it up! Freestyler isn't good for lasers, as they have to many variables. I use freestyler for all my other DMX lights, and am trying to create a laser fixture, but its not easy.

dont even bother with a dmx controller!

well if your planning on modding a sound card or buy a DAC there both wired the same.

you unplug the scanner XY and ground from the DMX and unplug the Red and green laser TTL input from the DMX and connect them to the correct connections on the dac or soundcard.

its very easy, the only thing being if you connect a dac or soundcard you wont be able to use the dmx unless you plug everything back into the DMX within the scanner

andy_con said:
you unplug the scanner XY and ground from the DMX and unplug the Red and green laser TTL input from the DMX and connect them to the correct connections on the dac or soundcard.

Hmmm - any idea where or which these connections are on the souncard ?

Thanks

Ok, ok - I am getting a bit confused here - Can anyone tell me what I will be able to do with my scanner with the DMX > USB dongle when it arrives?
I have purchased this one here:-
http://tinyurl.com/2knf6y

Will I be able to use such programs as HE Laserscan (freeware) or any others that are reccomended, to be able to make and control my own pictures to show on the scanner?

Help will be followed by a swift pint in yer hand ;)

oh you have just wasted your money!!!!

a usb dmx is not what you want, all you will be able to do is play pre programed things that come with the dmx. the a dmx is to slow for a scanner so dont expext any straight lines or nice circles

So what would you suggest I do?
To be able to create my own scanner pictures do I need to input to the X, Y and 2x TTL blanking from a DAC?
Can you recommend a sutiable DAC or possibly (as a cheaper option) sound card that is easy to modify to do the job?

Thanks for all the help by the way - It's great to know that there are people out there that are willing to help us noobs :)

Jim

FokoF

FB3 from pangolin! :pbut you might have to give them a arm or a testicle :'( bit on the pricey side. Then there is Norm's DAC, he sends you the parts you put it together, not the greatest DAC, but for the price its worth messing around with. Heres the link http://74.58.33.200:81/

smogthemog said:
So what would you suggest I do?
To be able to create my own scanner pictures do I need to input to the X, Y and 2x TTL blanking from a DAC?
Can you recommend a sutiable DAC or possibly (as a cheaper option) sound card that is easy to modify to do the job?

Thanks for all the help by the way - It's great to know that there are people out there that are willing to help us noobs :)

Jim

yes everything needs tyo be connected to the DAC

as said above the pangolin fb3 is about £300, moncha is about £400 i think. or you could get norms.

Ive ordered Norms DAC and PSU off of his EBay site in a hope that my Galvo's and amps will hook up to it.
I can't really justify spending Pangolin money unless I go into hiring it out but I am sure that would be another ball game all together.

Thanks for the help.

Jim

post or pm me a hi-res pic of inside your scanner and i will label all the ttl wires and things for you

Some more, larger pictures of the scanner.

I am correct in saying that the DMX control I will have when I receive the dongle will be able to select, at my command, any of the preset graphics within the unit?

Try that:

IMG_0675.JPG