Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

pics in the snow

We had a little bit of snow last night, so I took some rare (at least for me) outdoor shots in my back yard. It is a real pain to shoot in a snow storm as the lasers are in my house in the doorway and for the better shots I am outside with an umbrella, tripod, and camera trying to stay dry and water off the lens. I got a few decent shots.

***my favorite pics from this post have been added to my "Best of" thread 12/12/13**

Last edited:

gismo

Laser six-liner with a snowy background:). I like the 1st and 2nd and then the last two shots in particular. Wish I had a backyard, but I live in the apartment block where any laser outdoor activity would catch neighbours curiosity immediately:D. (Luckily I can take profit of a large workplace I have there instead.)

It's nice to see some laser action outside for a change, Bruce:beer:. Winter has its magic for sure and with photons in charge beam shots could be quite intriguing!

DJNY

Thanks for the motivation getting some beamshots myself soon :)

Good Pics Bruce--

Bad weather often makes for good photos.

I have only seen snow in this part of Tx a few times in >20 years-

I like shot using a tripod too but also long exposure with the camera sweeping makes for interesting stuff too.

IIRC--This was taken with lasers on tripods under my car port and pressing the shutter while moving the camera- It was one of 15 pics I took most were not so good but a few were fine. It was a night of heavy fog that started to turn into rain-ATM this was taken is was a VERY fine mist.

Attachments

• JETL 250s(3) 532nm-445nm- 650mW .jpg
    JETL 250s(3) 532nm-445nm- 650mW .jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Hey Gismo- as long as the lasers stay in my fenced in area I am ok with my neighbors. My neighbors on both sides of me know of my photography of lasers so they are cool. I think when people are walking their dogs behind my fence they must wonder. We had only a bit of snow, so hopefully in the future we will have a decent amount at night. The best scenario is when the snow hardens up and sits around for a week or so, then we get a warming trend and get good fog from the ground up. I took some shots last year under those conditions and the beams were very uniform and intense. As I have told you before, your shots in an industrial area (your work place) add so much atmosphere to your great shots, keep on doing it!

DJNY - waiting for your beam shots, I am sure they will intense.

Hak- as you requested my set up is using a method divized by LPF member Marco Polo.
It is using a ring stand, and burette clamps. I purchased my stuff from Amazon. at the present I have two stands and 6 clamps. If you look at my weekly posts I use these to hold mirrors, lasers w/gratings. I have other clamps and devices I have made but these are great. Here are the Amazon links to what I

Burette Clamp: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

American Educational Cast Iron Support Ring Stand with Acid Resistant Finish, 8" Length x 5" Width Base Size: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Very cool pic! You posted here. I do have a few shots ( by mistake) where I have moved the tripod and got weird effects. One day I will have to try panning the camera on the tripod and leave the lasers stable. Great idea!

I still need to order another stand and three more clamps in the future

Last edited:
:wave:

:beer::beer::beer:

I have been passing of my random happy accident pics as intentional for >43 years
dats my story and IMMA sticking to it.!!

TY for the info on your hand held rack- I will use that info for sure-

I will take some pics of my poor version later to show what I did.

I WILL follow thru on that plan but will want also a set up like yours.

Basically its an easy way to shine several JETLASERS thru rotating LUMIA glass with switches that making it easy to keep to the good duty/rest cycling.
Each laser will be still powered by batteries-

I plan to make a MINI version with ALL $4 pointers but just the front part and that will be in a pointer heat sink (somebody sells these BTW) and these all will be powered by wall warts. Using an AC 1/3rd rpm motor..

I also want to copy 'Dr Evils portable' LUMIA PJ- with a Hankscraft 1/2rpm dc motor and six pointers RRGGVV in mine all ran with 18650 batts. I saw his(three lasers) in person at SELEM 2012 and all who saw it said the same... 'gotta make me one of those!!

Keep the pics coming Bruce-- we all love those kind!!

Len

Last edited:
Hey Len,
It's all about having a plan and seeing it through. If there is something I think of and want to do, I get what I have to (within reason), build what I have to and implement it. Usually the results work out as good or better than when I thought it up. And then there is the best part, as you have stated, the unexpected results that leads to more ideas. It never gets old....

Bruce
you nailed it-
I get a lot of satisfaction when an Idea of mine works- and NEVER let it get me down when it does not..

I think I have everything here needed to make a good stand but at $13.50 with free ship that looks good too/

BUT the burette clamp looks great but the cost is a problem if i can find same cheaper O woil post that here OR If I can find another clamp that is cheap and is OK I will go that route -I'm retired with no $ in the bank and no income except for <$900 per month
My IRA was heavily invested in stocks and between 911 and Eron's collapse I got hit real bad. so that is long gone.

All 3 of my China made projectors are FS.
Very low usage and gently cared for.

PM if any are interested.
GB #4 on Laserking PJs is about over- Gb #5 is just a 'maybe' ATM