Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pics and Vids of DX 200mW Red

Well there is a bit of humidity in the air, but it is still really bright. In the pictures you can see that it is brighter than the more powerful DIY laser. My DIY laser must be around 660nm and the DX must be closer to 650nm. I have no way of determining exact wavelength.

the build quality is very simply and easy to take apart. The biggest problem I have is the end cap. If I screw one of them in all the way the laser stays on constantly, so I have to leave it unscrewed slightly.

no i feel you on the rubik's cube thing, i can solve one in under 2 min's closer to 1 min flat.

Amnizu said:
I've never solved one in my life. Am I really missing anything?

i'm not going to lie, it's pretty rewarding solving one. Or when you're talking to someone and not even looking down while you do it. the look on their face is priceless.

It's true, once you solve it for the first time you feel pretty good. My best time was 1 minute.

Thats the boring way, the fun way is to find the little sticker that has screw under it, unscrew the screw which separates all the pieces than put them back together and screw the the screw back in.

I can do it in 30 sec :D
</offtopic>

How far can you focus the laser, like can it be focused to a small spot say 20 feet away?

...lazer.... ;D ;D ;D

Amnizu

You can focus the laser for just about any range, as far as I know. I mean, to a point. I doubt you could focus it to say, 150 feet or more.

diachi

it looks like it really is 200mw like they say lol ( i want one, first im gonna build a DIY )