Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pics Added 05/27, 100mw Rayfoss focusable greenie; RF532-100mW-B03

How far from the aperture are you able to focus it? Mine won't focus any closer than 13 inches.

Nice review, great pics. Well, I really seems to be the same host of the DX one I bought. (Hasn't arrived yet)
Do you have protected 18650 ? If you have, please, put it, thread the laser and send me the pic ? I wanted to know if it's possible to use protected cells or not (because of the size)

Thanks ! =)

Hi again :)

It occurred to me that I could just stick some pennies in the the tube with the battery and see what that was like. From a brief bit of research, I found that a protected cell is about three mm longer than an unprotected one. This length difference is simulated nicely by 2-3 pennies (I couldn't get an exact measurement; it seems there isn't a single metric ruler in the house.)

Anyway, here it is with two pennies in the tube,
DSCF1627.jpg

And here it is with three in there,
DSCF1628.jpg

With three in the tube, the cap screws on about halfway. It's secure, but it looks a little odd. A thick neoprene o-ring might be good to take up the extra space.

Hope that helps:)

Burnsy

How far from the aperture are you able to focus it? Mine won't focus any closer than 13 inches.

That's was I was trying to say... mine won't focus at all
I can only make the point big or focus to infinity that means beam diameter on aperture 1.5mm and divergence of about 1.1mRad (I measured it but not so exactly)
But I can't go in the other direction like make a 0.5mm big point some inches away from the aperture
To do so I would have to screw the head in more but it's already at the minimum

Anyone an idea how I could get the lens closer?

Nice pics and a really well written review. It too laughed when I seen the label "Peoduct" which really should read Class 3b Product and the aperture beam colors really are suppose to be in Red too regardless of the color of the beam. Still though that takes nothing away from the quality of the Laser which seems to be a nice one, it just makes you laugh a little.

I see your new meter is working just fine too, Nothing like having a nice American made Meter and a genuine good Commercial Thermal Pile; but then again I'm bullish an American. :)

Don't forget to save your graphs so that in 6 months or so you can then easily go back and see how well the Laser is holding up, again CONGRATS.

Hey,

Thank you for the simulation. The host is almost the same. Even the wrong sticker is the same. Well, I think I'll get protected cells.
Once more, thank you for the review and help.

That's was I was trying to say... mine won't focus at all
I can only make the point big or focus to infinity that means beam diameter on aperture 1.5mm and divergence of about 1.1mRad (I measured it but not so exactly)
But I can't go in the other direction like make a 0.5mm big point some inches away from the aperture
To do so I would have to screw the head in more but it's already at the minimum

Anyone an idea how I could get the lens closer?

I was actually speaking to the OP when I posted that... But what you're saying is, you can only focus it so that the beam is expanding as it comes out of the aperture? Which would mean the laser is using a concave lens instead of a convex, which is what most lasers use. You could always use a magnifying glass. It seems like the only way to get it focused if what you said is true.

I actually don't know. I've been using a smoke bottle to view the beam. About a half turn of the lens from being absolutely tight, and the laser will smoke leather at about three feet. Any further adjustment brings the focal point closer to the aperture. I suspect that it doesn't focus all the way to infinity, but I'd have to tinker more to be sure.

EDIT- I tried to get a pic of the focal point, but my camera just records it as a green blur. Too bright.

It'll smoke black leather out to three feet. I put the actual focal point where the beam is narrowest at two feet.