Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

pics 3/21

These pics were taken using my LK-PD2 projector controlled via DMX and my plasma globe. On almost every shot I left the power to the globe off so it was just a hollow glass sphere and I got the effect I was trying to get. You can see the pattern from the projector when it enters the sphere, and leaves the sphere, but the beams are not really visible in the sphere. A hollow glass sphere certainly affects the laser light differently than a solid glass sphere. I still have not posted my set of pics with my projectors and the globe turned on yet, but will soon, as they are also very nice eye candy and alittle different from these pics. Enjoy

**my favorite pics from this post have been added to my "Best of" thread 3/25/14**

Last edited:

Hi Bruce,

Lovely pics with that projector. Look forward to seeing more of your pics :)

Regards

Slightly :beer: trencheel303

Cool how the beam isn't visible traveling through the plasma ball. I would guess that its because the plasma ball is a partial vacuum so theres not enough gas inside to scatter the beam.

Wonderful as always.

I have a selfish request. can you put together a video of some LK PD2+DMX? I really would like to get an idea of what the controls allow for as opposed to the auto settings. nothing too fancy, just a little bit you think is cool. pretty please

later

IsaacT

Blarg King, that is an interesting thought +1.

And Brucemir, inspiring pics as usual!

Thanks everyone!

Shakenawake - I sent you a PM

Blarg King - the effect looks even better when the globe is turned on! I will post my set with the globe turned on maybe mid week. Your thoughts about light being in a vacuum sound interesting. One day I will have to get a hollow glass sphere (where to get one I have no idea) and see it the beams behave the same way.

Bruce! These are great... I'm soooooo glad to see you working your photo-magic with a PJ now. Keep it up, buddy... very nice!

/c

gismo

What you keep doing Bruce is absolutely amazing! Innovation after innovation:). The plasma globe idea where's exposed to projector's laser rays without seeing "the beamery" is simply brilliant.

Your photography art is far the best many of us could have witnessed so far. What laser experiment comes as next is much anticipated:beer:.

Good Onya Bruce! Your pics never cease to amaze. Well done again! :beer: