Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

PhotonXpo/Cleo

WRM

Is anyone going to PhotonXpo/Cleo in Baltimore? It's June 2nd - June 4th. There are over 300 exhibitors including CNI, Coherent, Newport, Thorlabs and many other cool companies. I plan on going June 4th. Bill

I LOVE YOU!!! I'm like 1.5 hrs. from B-more and never knew about this! Thanks! WOOOHOOO TIME TO GO TO A LASER GATHERING!

-Jakob

WRM

PhotonXpo

It's at the Baltimore Convention Center. You can sign up for a free badge at the following website. After you sign up, you will receive a bar code via email that you will scan onsite at a kiosk to print your badge. It will be mostly industry professionals attending so don't expect a large percentage of hobbyists. The exhibitor list looks very interesting. Can't wait! Bill

http://www.cleoconference.org/exhibit_hall/index.aspx

Last edited:
if i where you i wouldnt go the 4th cause all the companies are going to start packing and you may not get to see everything.

WRM

if i where you i wouldnt go the 4th cause all the companies are going to start packing and you may not get to see everything.
I wondered about that. It's pretty expensive booth space to leave early. Bill

Ok I went. A picture or two soon to come, but I could only photograph one thing because it was apparently against policy to photograph and I was only able to get special permission for one display. Let me give a list of things worth seeing:

-Fiber-Coupled Continuous Spectrum White Laser

-Thorlabs's Optical Tweezers (a device that uses laserlight to trap particles in the micron/submicron level... I also took the short-course about this)

-The DPSS display on the right as soon as you walk into the exhibit hall. This had around 10 different DPSS colors in it, from UV to IR. AWESOME!

-Fiber-Coupled 593.5nm laser capable of 3 watts plus a couple other fiber-coupled fixed wavelength lasers.

-Ti:Saphire 5W? tunable laser capable of 280nm-2400nm without any gaps during tuning.

And this is just a couple things that stood out. It was AWESOME!

-Jakob

Edit: Here's a link to the pictures:

http://laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/showthread.php?t=40961

Last edited:
Dammit! The Convention Center is about 40 mins away from where I live and I missed it! Guess I should never depend on the local rag to keep me informed on all the good stuff that's going on around town...it's a shame they didn't allow pics as this totally sucks and I would have loved to have been there.