Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pet Peeves

I started this on another forum many years ago and it was a hit so I'm adding one here :eg:

This is the place to post minor annoyances you may have or an experience that you need off your chest.

Please do not use this thread to attack others or write negative stuff about one and other or take cheap shots at someone else's "pet peeve".

Be honest and provide explanation if possible or nessasary.

Now I'll start it off with something that has been pissing me off,.....

SMART PHONES!!!!!! I'm so sick of correcting spelling mistakes and grammar errors I wonder how they ever got the name "smart" when choosing to name these phones.

Ditto the smart phone, I have a Note II and I can't use technical abbreviations on it because of the auto spell check forced on me and I can't figure out how to turn that function off.

My own pet peeve, people who pull up to an intersection while the light is green and instead of pulling into the intersection, sit where if the light turns red, cannot then proceed through. In Alaska, it is legal to do so. Many years ago I was in a mood and just pulled around a car who did that and waited in the middle to go.. When the light turned red and I proceeded through, the guy behind me was so mad he peeled rubber through a red light behind me. He would have just sat there like a bump on a log if I didn't do that anyway, LOL.

Another one: People who actually think there isn't an alien presence visiting the earth actively engaging with us, stating that those of us who don't deny the reality all a bunch of tin hat wearers. This, when they themselves have tin hats of denial on as they refuse to take their heads out of their back sides long enough to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWqf06fhAOU&list=UUuBPlZTF6TGO0g58QgcgsxA

Last edited:
Those things you guys said... also anything Jayden Smith says gets me. He doesn't need laser safety goggles because "our eyes arnt real, so how can mirrors be real?"

Things

I'd have this thread up to 10 pages by now if I added all of mine, but:

1. People that let their cats roam the streets
2. People that go out for a social event and just sit on their phone
3. People that stand in the middle of a busy walkway and have a chat
4. People that slowly roll up to a turn lane currently red, in turn slowing down the people trying to go straight through a green light.
5. Being stuck behind goddamn slow caravans!
6. Parents so crap at parenting they couldn't even spell parent.
7. Politicians, politics and religion in general
8. Lists
9. Irony
10. Capsicums

Last edited:
Children. Especially when they're screaming their stupid little heads off in stores and their idiotic parents won't take them outside.

And though its not really the child's fault, I hate when people I know have children and thats all they talk about, and they act like its some great achievement. Its not that great, billions of people have been doing it since we crawled out of the mud.

My pet peeve is a small one but does get pretty annoying!

Whenever you walk in the hallways or street etc...and people have a conversation right smack in the middle! Im just like :wtf: why are you right in the middle? It's especially bothersome if you need to get somewhere in a hurry & you need to navigate your way around them, ugh!

-Alex

1) Willful ignorance.
2) Inability to understand and/or employ Logic.
3) Xenophobia.

I'm sure there are more, but those are my top three.

Dumb and idiotic drivers. Keep you stunts and speeding to the tracks where it's legal. There is no reason to do more than 5 over the limit. I got passed by two different vehicles on the way to work this morning while doing 5 over. Both of them ended up directly in front of me in line waiting to go through the gate.

I'll add more later.

Dumb and idiotic drivers. Keep you stunts and speeding to the tracks where it's legal. There is no reason to do more than 5 over the limit. I got passed by two different vehicles on the way to work this morning while doing 5 over. Both of them ended up directly in front of me in line waiting to go through the gate.

I'll add more later.

Ah I have the exact opposite problem. For reasons beyond me, the road I take to college each day is notorious for people going well under the speed limit. Speed limit is 80 Km/h and its common to get behind someone going 70 or even 60! I have to make sure to leave extra early for college just so I have a 15 minute buffer in case I get behind someone slow.

Yeah, we get that problem here, Blarg. The ONLY road in a 15mi radius has a speed limit of 60mph, and it is one lane each way, frequently with enough traffic to prevent passing anyone without having to go 100mph to do it (which I refuse to do, 80mph max). It takes about 22mins to get to town normally, going 60mph on the dot. Every now and then I get caught behind someone going 40mph the whole damn way.

There are the people that go slow too. It seems like you get the speeders in town and the slow ones out in the country on a two lane road with few chances to pass. Pedestrians are constantly getting hit or drivers getting into accidents on the main 4-lane road going through town here.

Over the top 1mW laser laws in Australia and the idiots that caused these laws to be a necessity !

:(