Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

pen style lasers?

I was just talking to jack on optotronics and he said...
"150mw is really about the limit for pen pointers, you may see higher
advertised, but they are not being truthful, if 200mw were really
available, we would offering them. I do get maybe 1 out of 100 of the
150mw pointers that does output ~200mw, but no where near enough to
actually offer them." Is this true? So are the e3 green 200mw really only like 150 or Could it be differnt in china to where there are pen style lasers at 200mw or over?

Could it be differnt in china to where there are pen style lasers at 200mw or over?

Why would physics be any different in China?

200mW of 532nm DPSS is possible but not as a sustained output in pen style lasers.
Don't trust WickedLasers. They claim the power to be anywhere between 100 and 200mW. That does not mean you will get 200mW average. Not even close.

Last edited:
Which laser do you think will be brighter, go further, burn better, and just all around a better, wickedlasers e3 or the 150 optotronics.

i would say any pen style laser pointers have to take AAA batteries.

CNI produces the NOVAlasers "Endeavor" which is arguably "pen style." They run on a single CR2 battery.
One member reported getting more than 400mW peak from one. They are sold up to >275mW average rating.

For AAA pointers, Jack is not lying. Refer to my post above.

Thanks for the fast responses, ive been waiting over 50 days for my WL e3 and i cant take it anymore, im about to cancel tomorrow and buy an optotronics laser. I cant find any prices on the CNI website, what are they or where can i find them, do i have to call.

The Optotronics 150mW pen will be the best "bang for your buck."

CNI's pens are a little more "high-end" and the price reflects that.
You can contact them by email or phone for pricing or check out the Group Buy section for the CNI GB#12.

CNI's more popular distributors of the AAA pens are Novalasers.com and Dragonlasers.com.