Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pen style laser lens

i just bought a nice little 405nm pen laser from yobresal and its nice but i noticed the dot is very large even when pointed at a wall about 20' away. is there anyway i could get a screw on lens for the end of then pen? Or some other way of focusing the beam

You are seeing first hand how 405 nm light is percieved by human eye.

You see, it is on very edge of visible spectrum in lower wavelenghts, and cannot be properly focused on your eye.

The dot is nice and small, you just see it as fuzzyand glaring.
Get someone to hold a laser for you on the table , and point it at the wall far away, and you walk up to the wall and see that it is normal sized.

BTW, what power is that laser?

thats cool...i love this forum! yobresal said it was either 50 mW or 55 mW he wasnt sure

50 mW bluray? :S

How come?
I'd expect either a low power pointer ~10 mW, or a PHR build, 100 mW..

Well , at 50 mW it should be made focusable fot burning abilities to manifest, usually you will see a 'ribbed' ring around lens which makes it easier to screw...

Can we have a picture of your laser?

Well, as far as I can tell, this is a CNI style pen laser, and sorry to say, not focusable.
You will not be able to burn things with it, but you are assured that it is focused to infinity already, and the real dot is small.

If you want a burning laser, you can buy a PHR-803T sled (very common here) for about 12 $ which contains a diode capable up to 120-130 mW of 405nm light,

Aixiz housings are available either through Aixiz themselves (10 blanks pack 25$ ) or though

modwerx.com
hightechdealz.com
stonetek.org

All of owners are a members here and most respected as sellers, do not hesitate to buy from them.
Driver for laser can be made by yourself, or bought also, you need to do some search on your own for that a little bit (hint: DDL driver, flexdrive, rckstr, LM317, LM1117 )

Enjoy!

Last edited:
thanks i have been researching quite a bit on the blue-rays and will end up building my own after i get back from basic training i just wanted a cheap little one to play around with so thats why i got this guy here. i can tell already im going to have fun with some mirrors and fog when i get home!

Well I wish you the best of luck in your future builds!

Just a couple of things: First: it is not 'blue-ray' it is 'blu-ray'... we don't want to make confusion for other people reading this.
Second: Take great care when handling the laser even without mirrors!
With mirrors, eye protection is mandatory!

Go to Laser Pro shop section, you will see a 'Yellow goggles, bluray blocking' thread, and pick upa a pair of those.
Your eyes are more worth than 10$ goggles!

Have phun with your laser! :D

thanks im really exited about this hobby and i will be ordering the goggles when i place the order for my high powered green next week some time

If anyone is still checking this thread, I have been reading this one and ordered a TEC for myself. It was expensive, around $40 for a 6.2mm square, but i just found this site (https://www.tetech.com/Peltier-Thermoelectric-Cooler-Modules/Micro.html) with good prices on small TEC units. Less than $20 for some like a 4.3mm square. I don't know about shipping though. I hope this helps some of you guys.
This is a thread about bluray pen lasers , and it's focusability, and not about TECs.

You should post that in the "Deals and Discounts" section, that's where it belongs. Unless ofcourse, you are just advertising the very same website, which is forbidden.

Sorry, I thougth that I had a thread open about the application of TEC's in DIY Laser Power Meters. Thank you for the advice and sorry for being amiss.