Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PCB Prototyping

Does anyone know a cheap place where I can get prototype PCB? As in I send my schematic and they create the custom PCB?

I'm currently in progress of creating a test load for a laser driver. I already built one using radioshack's pre punched PCB but I'm looking for a more professional look.

Oh, wow $5 per square inch? Sweeeet!:wave:

I googled and found so many sites, but they charge a lot like in the $100s and a minimun of 2 boards and I only needed one. Thank you for answering my question! :beer::beer:

Benm

Wow.. that IS a very good deal indeed, especially since they are double sided boards, have a silkscreen, and metalized through too by the looks of things.

I remember etching single sided boards myself (HCl/H2O2 process), but that requires quite a bit of kit, not very practical if you only do a board once in a while. Also, you'll never get results like these: you can make double sided boards, but not things like via's or even metalized-through holes, so you end up soldering everything on both sides :(

Also look at BatchPCB. They have a $10 setup fee, but after that it's $2.50 per sq inch (double sided, silkscreen, mask, any shape, unlimited vias, etc.). Good for large orders where you don't need three copies.

It is pretty nice to have something made for $5-$10 inch with Dorkbox though. Good for impulsive purchases or tiny drivers, etc.

Last edited:

Benm

Its certainly nice to use these services if you only need a few boards.

Too bad its been ages since i worked on pcb's, otherwise i could create some nice driver boards with these services. Also interesting is that they do odd shaped pcb's, so it would be feasible to make a driver that replaces the original circuit board in a flashlight host etc.

I decided to go with dorkbot since I only need a minimum quantity for myself. Unless others will be wanting to buy my creations :yh:

Very good turnaround time of 9 days for 2 layer PCBs

I think I saw a pacman shaped PCB on BatchPCB lol. That was really odd, but creative!