Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Paypal - Verification and Whatnot

Hiemal

Hello;

I recently made a paypal account to make selling things on here a bit easier... (plus ebay will be easier too)

but, I do not have a credit card of my own, or a bank account to link it to. I don't think my mom will let me link hers to it either... and I don't have any prepaid ones to use either. :scowl:

Is it necessary to verify your paypal account to use it? I understand that there are restrictions but what exactly are they?

Thank you very much for your help! :p

Ghostchrome

You need a bank account to link to, otherwise there is no way for PayPal to get their money. :(

Hiemal

I mean, like if I wanted to just get money from stuff I sell...then use THAT money to buy stuff.

The bank account wouldn't be anywhere in that equation which is why I'm confused.

ginhev123

I mean, like if I wanted to just get money from stuff I sell...then use THAT money to buy stuff.

The bank account wouldn't be anywhere in that equation which is why I'm confused.
You don't need to verify your account. I have one account which isn't verified and I haven't got to any trouble. There are some limits which you should be able to see "What are my limits" on their website when logged in.. I think it's around $2000 in sales per year, $2500 withdrawal and something around that oh and something around $2000 sending limit aswell. That is more then enough if you are just a regular user trying to do some sales and so on. You can also withdraw your money, but I wouldn't if you haven't linked your bank account. When you want to buy something, use the money you have earned on your paypal.

To refill your account, you can just make a bank transfer or ask someone to send you paypal money and you hand them cash.

thanks.

FreeBee

Paypal needs a bank account to wire money or withdraw it. You can have funds on paypal itself, but you always need a bank account.

lasersbee

I was on eBay for over a year with only a CC to purchase items.
They need a CC to verify your Billing/Shipping Address.
A year later I added a Bank Account to withdraw funds from items
I had sold...

Jerry

Hiemal

How old are you?
I've recently turned 18 last month. :tinfoil:

And to everyone else, thanks for the help. I tried to look it up on paypal's website but some of the information they were giving me was conflicting.

Last edited:

Tech_Junkie

Banned
I've recently turned 18 last month. :tinfoil:
Thats good because all you need to do is get a checking account. Numerous banks will give you a free checking account, I have one. All you have to do is a little leg work to find one in your area. Most places will give you an account for a $20 deposit. Then you will have a debit card, be able to write checks for bills, and sell, and buy through Paypal/eBay without issue.

Its really that simple.