Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

paypal foolishness

i keep getting charged for this same shipping label over and over. foolish (well good) thing is the money just comes back at random. this is the 3rd time it has happened. anyone else experienced this?

This is what paypal had to say about this:
Dear Nick McNairy,

Thank you for contacting PayPal in regards to your UPS shipping label
transactions.  I understand your concern, Nick.

Please keep in mind, that that when a shipping label is created using
UPS, the funds are deducted from your account and placed on hold. Once
the label information is processed by UPS, the funds are added back to
your PayPal account balance, deducted again from your account and sent
to UPS. This process can take up to 5 business days.

Consequently, you may see in your History Log the funds deducted twice.
However, the held funds were added back to your PayPal account just
before sending to UPS therefore completing the transaction. You were not
charged twice for your UPS label.

Example - UPS label created on October 25th for $8.43:

October 25th - $8.43 placed on hold and deducted from PayPal
account balance.

October 30th - $8.43 hold is removed and funds are added back to
your balance.

October 30th - $8.43 is deducted from your balance and sent to
UPS.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,
Susie
Consumer Support
PayPal, an eBay Company

So they take money, then give back money, then take it AGAIN at a later time? Makes a lot of sense  ::)

Ace82

Now they get another 5 days to do it again. ;D

I can't stand how paypal takes money out of your account that exact second but when money goes from your paypal to your bank account takes a week. :mad:

And, can you believe that they requested my bank ID & PW to certify my account? I didn't do it, and somehow still got confirmed. :-/

rkcstr

Yeah... they annoy me too. Since Paypal is where I accept payments, I got a Paypal Debit card to use for purchasing things using my account balance. Well, if I happen to use it for buying gas for my car, there's typically a "authorization charge" that most places put on an account, but it typically goes away pretty quickly. However, with the Paypal debit, they'll put a $70 hold (!) on my account when I fill up, then also go ahead and charge the $40 or so for the gas as well... so, that means that my account is charged over $100 just to put ~10 gallons gas in my car! And, that charge doesn't disappear for like 3 days! I'm like "WTF?" when I go to check my account and I'm missing a large chunk of money. This is especially bad when I do multiple purchases in one day that have multiple authorizations ::)

Sometimes I'll have a few hundred $ in my account and spend less than $100 only to come home and see that because of the authorization holds, my account is empty and they'll go ahead and draw funds from my backup source. Paypal is quick to take your money, even if the reason you don't have any is their fault :mad: