Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

package submitted to customs

chewy

on the tracking site it tells me that the item arrived in the us and was submitted to customs. I have ordered packages from china before but dont recall seeing this as a tracking point. Does this mean they are inspecting it? Thank you for your time to respond.

on the tracking site it tells me that the item arrived in the us and was submitted to customs. I have ordered packages from china before but dont recall seeing this as a tracking point. Does this mean they are inspecting it? Thank you for your time to respond.

All foreign packages entering (insert country) are subject to pass through customs.
Most of the time they will pass through. Sometimes they will inspect a package if it is "suspicious" in any way.

If your package is seized and confiscated, you will get a letter in the mail.
Give it some time. If the tracking updates, you are fine.

chewy

thank you so much for your time to answer. It really puts me at ease.

edit:
When you say all packages are subject, does that mean some do and some dont, or do ALL packages pass through?

Last edited:
thank you so much for your time to answer. It really puts me at ease.

edit:
When you say all packages are subject, does that mean some do and some dont, or do ALL packages pass through?

All packages. Every one must pass through customs.

I have found that tracking will say different things from time to time. For example, mine never said "submitted to customs." Mine said things like, "awaiting charging" or "submitting to clearing center." My tracking was very strange. It said it went from Alaska to a clearing facility in Kentucky (IIRC) then back to Alaska and then on to me. It also might have to do with what carrier is being used.

However, like RA_pierce mentioned, everything at least passes through customs. Good luck. I hope you enjoy your new laser.