Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Outta Luck? Broken Greenie

Hello!

Non-noob here. I purchased an up to spec greenie some time ago. First one. Diode usage is less than 10 hours. It was running a good clean 300 mW, but now it's BARELY able to light a match when focused.:( New batteries, new charge. I'm wondering if crystals are out of alignment, or perhaps the driver is fried. So maybe less than 100 mW now. As I said before, this was my first laser. The thing is a beast, but for sentimental value I'd be willing to have it fixed. Just not sent to China. Any thoughts? Does anyone know anyone who can repair?

OldNoob:thanks:

How about some details?

Pictures? How old is it exactly? Who is the manufacturer? Did you buy it directly, or second hand?

The more details you provide the better advice you will get...

It was made in 2009-10, bought from SkyLasers. Specs ~300 mW. They are no longer in business (I wonder why). Bought directly from the guy in Cali. Of course, it was shipped from China.

Blord

Been around lasers quite a bit. Saw this one measured myself. Whats the new name of sky lasers? I can't find them.

Yeah getting it apart is going to be hard probably impossible. From what I know under the warning lable is where the head and host come apart but like IE said they probably used thread lock.

Last edited:
Well if you really like that particular laser you could always get another, from my understanding offroad the leader of the group buy bought extra greens he plans on selling or you could get one straight from laserbtb. There less the $200 iirc.

ever heard of locktite? that's what they mean by thread locked. it's like a glue for things screwed together. post some pics. if you're not ready tackle it, yourself, there may be someone here who will offer to help.

Photo%20on%202013-02-08%20at%2001.23.jpg