Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ouestion about 50mw green

geo-r

Hi just a question.Is it possible to burn a match from a close distance with a green laser pointer of 50mw?

if it's actually outputting 50mW and you use a lens to focus the dot to a pinpoint and sharpie the martch, then yes i think it would be possible, i've done it with my overpowered 35mw laser

geo-r

MarioMaster said:
if it's actually outputting 50mW and you use a lens to focus the dot to a pinpoint and sharpie the martch, then yes i think it would be possible, i've done it with my overpowered 35mw laser
I see it with a friend 50mw laser powered by a cr-2 battery and i didnt believe it.without a lens.Mabe his laser is modified and produce more than 50mw?

few months back i bought a crappy ebayser just for fun, advertised 50mw for about $15 + $25 shipping. this thing was really bright, what stood out the most was that it could light an unsharpied match from 2 inches.
week or 2 later, the beam started to come out at an angle, output power sorta decreased and the dot was surrounded by intense speckle which wouldnt go away after several attempts at cleaning. the easiest option was the bin.

geo-r

darklandz said:
few months back i bought a crappy ebayser just for fun, advertised 50mw for about $15 + $25 shipping. this thing was really bright, what stood out the most was that it could light an unsharpied match from 2 inches.
week or 2 later, the beam started to come out at an angle, output power sorta decreased and the dot was surrounded by intense speckle which wouldnt go away after several attempts at cleaning. the easiest option was the bin.
It happen the same with me with a green 50mw that break in 10 days but i could'not burn match with it just smoke a black tape!