Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CLOSED: Osram PL 530 Modules: 808 nm to 530 nm OPSL Technology - Narrow .3 nm Linewidth (new, old stock)

I do have a very tiny temperature probe. But, I don't know if I could access the heater to get close enough to measure it. Do we know what temperature it is supposed to be at?

Anthony P

MPJA has the exact driver that came with my prewired unit on sale .

30148-large.jpg
California Proposition 65 Warning

Stock No: 30148 PS
This is for heater

There's no built in measure, so it could be difficult to keep the crystal the optimal temperature. I wonder if you could measure how the resistance of the heater pad changes to get an idea of the temperature?

The specsheet attached to this thread tells that the heater has a temperature dependent resistance and that this resistance should be used for temperature control. I assume a PWM based driver could measure the resistance for sensing at the same time as driving.

Singlemode

Everyone is marked down, if we get enough, I will let you know. I can now offer these at a lower price for five dollars each.

Diachi, I stand corrected, thank you for your contribution to the thread. I was so hoping they were direct doubled, although PPLN crystals can be used for frequency doubling they can also be used for difference frequency generation, sum frequency generation and more. The source of info I found should not have stated the units have a fundamental wavelength of 1060 nm. Here's a link to where I took that from: https://www.hou.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2019/pdf/2178.pdf

PL530-PPLN.png

Comparing the diagram below with the additional photo under it, I can now better understand what is going on inside the module:

Photo: Looking closer at where the beam is focused, I now see the little OPS chip mounted on the substrate. The yellow color used in this new photo-diagram better shows what is going on with the intracavity doubling and has the correct wavelength, nice job Adam.

Here's a great holography thread on this unit worth looking at: https://holowiki.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9912&sid=0169faca82462dbf01e392b2a37e6705

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Only $5 each? Is there a simpler way of driving them as I won’t be able to do what Adam has done at home.

You could probably use any spare low-powered laser diode driver you might have lying around Curtis - adjusted to 300-400mA.

From Diachi's thread, just give the heater 1.5V - so a cheap DC-DC converter board ilke the one Anthony P posted would work for the heater.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
You could probably use any spare low-powered laser diode driver you might have lying around Curtis - adjusted to 300-400mA.

From Diachi's thread, just give the heater 1.5V - so a cheap DC-DC converter board ilke the one Anthony P posted would work for the heater.
Thanks Immo. :)

diachi

I'll take 4 of them.

And no, they don't come with drivers. I think I'm going to go with something similar to the design in that thread up above. I would think the heater would need to supply less power after the heatsink is warm. There's no built in measure, so it could be difficult to keep the crystal the optimal temperature. I wonder if you could measure how the resistance of the heater pad changes to get an idea of the temperature? It's even easier to have a probe outside next to it. It probably won't be that big of an issue anyway.

Mine seems stable enough with just constant voltage. Seller I got mine from suggested the heater is sort of "self regulating". Mode and power look stable to the eye. I'd need a faster meter to really see any noise, but for what most people here are going to be doing they won't need temperature feedback.

Anthony P

At $5.00 each, you can change my order to 4 instead of 2... if it's not too much trouble.

Sumfinclever

Are these the same modules that were in the RGB laser "engines" Holokid (you? lol) had for sale recently on ebay? If so, count me in for 4 of them if the price is $5 each.

diachi

Are these the same modules that were in the RGB laser "engines" Holokid (you? lol) had for sale recently on ebay? If so, count me in for 4 of them if the price is $5 each.

Same ones, and no, that's not Alaskan.