Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Optotronics Warranty

Hi guys. Still lurking about "how to start my high powered laser way" In the way of power vs safety. I wanted to buy Optotronics Laser pen for first (before some 300-400mW beast), but they provide their lasers with only 90 days warranty. Why is that? It´s unacceptable for me. I need some piece with good quality and especially lifetime and support, which will dissapear after 90 days of use. WTF?

Opto has very good quality control, i don't think you would be dissapointed

I bought an Opto 150mW from Jack back in January which I then sold to someone here. The buyer said a couple weeks ago that the beam was starting to lose power after being on for 20 or so seconds. I emailed Jack and asked about the warranty and he said the manufacturer only replaces within 90 days. The pointers are sealed and cannot be serviced. Still, I would 1000% still buy from Jack as the quality and customer service at Optoronics is outstanding compared to other companies in the states.

You want more then a 90 day warranty on a laser pointer, good luck finding one.
Sure some other retailers like o-like or rayfoss might promise one, just as long or longer. The problem from what I have seen. Is unless it's DOA, or the first few days. You wont have much luck. Plus your going to have to jump through hoops to get anything at all.

Jack is a extremely honest, and highly respected member, and dealer on LPF.
What he sells is a higher quality product. So your already better from the start in owning a long life pointer.

Maybe, but not after 90 days :).
I think I´m going to do mad things. I´m going to buy three of them from DX, choose the best one, and sell these two remaining... This is the same way, how to throw my money in a bin, but much much cheaper. (50$ each) I´m still likely to buy some high quality piece, but I feel I need some experience growth before I get “the beast”.

//I really need “regular” warranty for something what costs more than half of my wage. That´s pretty healthy and normal, I think…

Last edited:
CNI offers a 6month warranty on their 'PGL' seris lasers and a 12month warranty on their lab lasers, not sure about their pens but they *should* have a similar warranty to the 'PGL'....
And if something goes wrong in the first 30days of getting your laser CNI will pay return shipping also...

very good point. wish i had thought about that a little more. it wouldnt have helped my current situation where my 220 mw crapped out on me 1 month into its short life and the powers at optotronics determined sight unseen that i had voided the warranty by disassembling it then after seeing the laser retracted their initial assessment and went on to conclude that i had "obviously" dropped it citing a tiny nick on it and THAT was grounds for deeming the warranty void. by the way, the laser was never dropped and i am currently waiting for this to be acknowledged by optotronics. i wonder what warranty voiding act i will be accused of next. if i had thought into this as you are maybe i could have avoided all this by choosing a company more confident of their product as well.

very good point. wish i had thought about that a little more. it wouldnt have helped my current situation where my 220 mw crapped out on me 1 month into its short life and the powers at optotronics determined sight unseen that i had voided the warranty by disassembling it then after seeing the laser retracted their initial assessment and went on to conclude that i had "obviously" dropped it citing a tiny nick on it and THAT was grounds for deeming the warranty void. by the way, the laser was never dropped and i am currently waiting for this to be acknowledged by optotronics. i wonder what warranty voiding act i will be accused of next. if i had thought into this as you are maybe i could have avoided all this by choosing a company more confident of their product as well.
I think everyone should get both sides of the story, here's the link to the post, read it for yourself and decide. It is yet to be decided for sure if it was dropped, but it does have physical damage. If the laser module was not damaged in a drop or otherwise, his repair should not cost much; however disassembling is a no no and without a doubt it was taken apart and partially reassembled.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/o...-beam-skattering-broken-52411.html#post737905