Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Optotronics sale for LPF members

not even close to what wicked and nova did as far as discounts..how about 40%?????
Hi Sandidgepatrick,
Sorry that's not going to happen. It's easy for them to give a 40% discount when their lasers are already very over-priced with huge profit margins, we don't sell our products with over 100% profit margins built into the price. I think Nova was/is selling their 150mw pointers for close to $400.00 and ours specs and performance are just as good at 1/2 price before our sale. So with our sale price using the coupon code & being logged into your Optotronics account, the price of our +150mw pen pointer is ~$170, that's well better than a 40% off sale that Nova was offering.

We try to keep our prices as low as possible for the quality & performance you get, it's just not possible to offer a 40% off sale when that would drop the price below our costs of having them built for us.

wow ..nova did have a sale but thats long gone..yes your prices are the best for quality highpowered pens for sure...ive had a few 150mw opto. pens they all performed perfectly...tks for giving us that discount..

Moptsp

If only I waited a couple months on my purchase. :p Na, I like my RPL. They are expensive, but since when do you see someone take out an RPL? They're one of a kind (especially the silver/aluminum) and are of good quality.

I got a question though about your RPL's. Are they custom built for you from viasho? (I assume viasho builds them)

It would be nice if you could get a documentation of how the RPL's are built. Most of us know how DPSS green lasers work, but I'm talking about company procedures when it comes to building them. Id like to know what goes on in the manufacturer.

Though, that may be confidential. Just a thought.
Good luck with your sale.

Bahaha low profit from opto??? BULL SHIT jack... I have seen what you pay for your units, you are making a killing on them.

my opto pen is ok, but it's lens somehow got bad, no dust or anything, just the dot sort of looks slightly smeared

Bahaha low profit from opto??? BULL SHIT jack... I have seen what you pay for your units, you are making a killing on them.
Dustin, you are full of shit, I don't recall ever sending you a bill of materials cost sheet on our RPL or any of our products for that matter.
I also wouldn't call a 30% markup a "killing" (and sometimes alot less than 30% for our optics and some pointer power levels) when most retail businesses have at least a 35-100% markup to cover their costs and make a profit as well. When you consider what costs are involved to run a legitimate business. The 1st being taxes,(income +double social security taxes for myself and matching taxes for each employee) then import duties, toll-free phone service, advertising costs, site hosting, recurring business license fees, that's just scratching the surface.
This doesn't include the 5-6 day/14 to 16 hour/day work week with no paid vacation, holidays or sick days. When you figure I probably put in close to 100hrs a week, a fair amount of which is spent on customer or potential customer support (like the ~30 email replies to you over the past year promptly answering all of your questions in detail about our laser products and then deciding to buy a used one 3rd hand and expecting me to look at it or fix it for free after it broke on you after a short period of time.
If I were hire extra help so that I could take it easy working a regualr 40 hour week like most people, then I would need to have a larger markup to cover those extra costs.
Quality / quality control and performance don't just happen for free, they need to be worked and continually improved on and that takes time & effort; and time and work and quality components cost money.

I don't know why I let a comment like yours from a youngster who may not even be in high school yet bother me like this and who's just bitter because we didn't fix your 3rd hand used RPL for free...but maybe someday you'll understand how business works and the overhead costs involved in running a legitimate company when you move out on your own, support yourself and have bills to pay.

Last edited:
Dustin, you are full of shit, I don't recall ever sending you a bill of materials cost sheet on our RPL or any of our products for that matter.
I also wouldn't call a 30% markup a "killing" (and sometimes alot less than 30% for our optics and some pointer power levels) when most retail businesses have at least a 35-100% markup to cover their costs and make a profit as well. When you consider what costs are involved to run a legitimate business. The 1st being taxes,(income +double social security taxes for myself and matching taxes for each employee) then import duties, toll-free phone service, advertising costs, site hosting, recurring business license fees, that's just scratching the surface.
This doesn't include the 5-6 day/14 to 16 hour/day work week with no paid vacation, holidays or sick days. When you figure I probably put in close to 100hrs a week, a fair amount of which is spent on customer or potential customer support (like the ~30 email replies to you over the past year promptly answering all of your questions in detail about our laser products and then deciding to buy a used one 3rd hand and expecting me to look at it or fix it for free after it broke on you after a short period of time.
If I were hire extra help so that I could take it easy working a regualr 40 hour week like most people, then I would need to have a larger markup to cover those extra costs.
Quality / quality control and performance don't just happen for free, they need to be worked and continually improved on and that takes time & effort; and time and work and quality components cost money.

I don't know why I let a comment like yours from a youngster who may not even be in high school yet bother me like this and who's just bitter because we didn't fix your 3rd hand used RPL for free...but maybe someday you'll understand how business works and the overhead costs involved in running a legitimate company when you move out on your own, support yourself and have bills to pay.

Haha nice one, got ya spooked have I? And yes, I have infact seen what you pay for your RPLs, not by you but from viasho. and no I am not talking about the units anyone can buy from them, I am talking about the SAME units opto sells. Anyone can find out, all you have to do is ask viasho! And another thing, you really need to get on viasho about the heat sink on the RPLs, seriously they SUCK. Even CNI does better. :angel: And I did not ask you to pay to fix it, I was going to but your fees to look at the thing were so insane Its better to live with it. Plus kindly reply to questions? NOT. When I was looking at getting your RPL 260, you were a royal asshole eventualy telling me that you don't waste time on people that don't buy things, 30 emails my ass, there was maybe 7 total. May not be in highschool yet? hahaha nice one, shows how little you actually pay attention to this forum... I think I am done fighting with you on this one, (for now :p)

Last edited:
Haha nice one, got ya spooked have I? And yes, I have infact seen what you pay for your RPLs, not by you but from viasho. and no I am not talking about the units anyone can buy from them, I am talking about the SAME units opto sells. Anyone can find out, all you have to do is ask viasho! And another thing, you really need to get on viasho about the heat sink on the RPLs, seriously they SUCK. Even CNI does better. :angel: And I did not ask you to pay to fix it, I was going to but your fees to look at the thing were so insane Its better to live with it. Plus kindly reply to questions? NOT. When I was looking at getting your RPL 260, you were a royal asshole eventualy telling me that you don't waste time on people that don't buy things, 30 emails my ass, there was maybe 7 total. May not be in highschool yet? hahaha nice one, shows how little you actually pay attention to this forum... I think I am done fighting with you on this one, (for now :p)

I am curious, how much does viasho lasers cost? Do you remember Laze Me Bro?
I am really curious how the chinese companies sell to each other and how their manufacturing / distributor relations are set up.

BTW, I used to be an industrial sales rep and our average markup (depending on the item) was 20% - 40%. The larger and more costly the item the lower the markup because of stiffer competition. Some items are sold at or just above cost because of proprietary "razor blades".. but I digress :p

I have no problem of a high quality laser being marked up and sold to me through a reputable distributor that provides high levels of service (not that I have bought from opto yet.)

Your getting some mis-information.
You should also check to see exactly how many emails we passed back and forth.
I just checked the gmail history and there we in fact 18 conversations with 58 separate emails one half of which were ones you sent to me and the other half my ~29 replies to you.
I never said I that I don't waste time answering questions, and in fact this history shows that. It also shows that each email was answered promptly and professionally.

I have had customers send as many as bearly 50 emails, and never buy a thing, each is answered in a professional manner and many forum members can verify this.

To prove it, with your permission I'm willing to post the text and time stamps from every email here to prove you're a liar.
Even if you don't approve, I'm will to privately provide a moderator with a copy, let them read it and decide.
I think before you spout crap from your mouth about what was said and how many messages transpired, you should look back and see exactly how many messages there were and what was said.

Last edited: