Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Optotronics 156mW Photos

Emc2

Ok everyone, I have some basic photos for you to see.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28780020@N07/

The laser is awesome, I love it. I could not load these on pbase since the site is down so this will have to do. Make sure you click on "Other sizes" to see the larger versions.

I mentioned this in my other thread about the laser:

well the +150mW laser arrived today! It is very stable so far and the ouput is at 156mW according to Jack at Optptronics from his power meter. It is really bright and I tore through 6 black ballons in just a couple of seconds. The divergence on this unit is about 1.5mrad (educated guess). The glare from the spot on the wall makes the spot look larger that it is. My red safety glasses reveal its true size. In the box Jack places an "Over voltage Warning" which states: "Only use AAA batteries that do not exceed 1.6v per cell as higher voltages will destroy your laser. It will reduce the diode life from 1,000 hrs or more down to minutes or even cause instant destruction. Over voltage failure creates a tell-tale destruction signature that is easily determined by root cause failure analysis, is not repairable an will void any warranty" So with that in mind i am using either the Energizer Titanium or Duracell ultra batteries. The Enrergizer Advanced Lithiums are at least 1.7v ea.....do not use those in ths laser! So far it is AWESOME! Really bright and burns stuff as soon as you turn it on! Instant pian. I will provide some photos of it very soon. You will not be dissapointed by this laser.

-Todd

Thats so Friggin Awesome ! Probably the best beamshot i've ever seen from a green laser ! +1 for that !! Thanks for sharing !

it says on the back of the box of e2 lithium's that they will replace of repair anything that gets broken from there batts.

Emc2

it says on the back of the box of e2 lithium's that they will replace of repair anything that gets broken from there batts.

Interesting! Well the laser is too fun and nice for me to just rely on that comment / statement from Energizer. It may take months for them to even take the case to cover the equipment. A good observation though, but for me it is not worth it. It is plenty bright and powerful and a few extra mW's that the lithiums may provide are not worth the risk. I doubt it will make a noticeable difference.

atlemo

Oh my god that looks good!
Where did you purchase it?
- and what´s the price?

great laser .. but divergence in phono number 4... is not very good... is VISIBLE.... this could be a perfect laser at 1 mrad....or less... is it adjustable?in the poho i don't see the power measured by optotronics

Last edited:

Emc2

great laser .. but divergence in phono number 4... is not very good... is VISIBLE.... this could be a perfect laser at 1 mrad....or less... is it adjustable?in the poho i don't see the power measured by optotronics

No that is not bad beam divergence. That is where the beam is ou of foicus in the photo because it is close to the lens. I did not have the lens stopped down to get good depth of field. The divergence is pretty good on this laser. The camera is focused where I am standing.

-Todd

Mmm, you're right about the divergence, in the photo it "looks" quite large....
For the power, if you enlarge the fifth photo in the Flickr site, you'll read the 156mW statement on the right hand small document....:D

Emc2: very nice picture, indeed!!

Last edited:

Emc2

Mmm, you're right about the divergence, in the photo it "looks" quite large....
For the power, if you enlarge the fifth photo in the FLICr site, you'll read the 156mW statement on the right hand small document....:D

Well again:

No that is not bad beam divergence. That is where the beam is out of foicus in the photo because it is close to the lens. I did not have the lens stopped down to get good depth of field. The divergence is pretty good on this laser. The camera is focused where I am standing.

-Todd

Emc2

Emc2, can you tell me where you bough it?

Hi. Sure can. I bought it from Optotronics here in the USA. They are located in Colorado. It is a great company to do business with. Go to the tab that says portable lasers, then select laser pen pointers.

-Todd

Well again:

No that is not bad beam divergence. That is where the beam is out of foicus in the photo because it is close to the lens. I did not have the lens stopped down to get good depth of field. The divergence is pretty good on this laser. The camera is focused where I am standing.

-Todd

Yea, the picture gives a false impression (coming from Optotronics); this is why I said "it looks"...:beer:

Last edited:

diachi

Very nice pictures, those are some REALLY nice beams !!!

I also like all those astronomy pics on your Flickr account !

atlemo

Could you post a video of the laser in a regular room, with the lights on? I can´t believe the brightness of this thing.

If it really is as bright as this I´d like to get one :)

Emc2

Could you post a video of the laser in a regular room, with the lights on? I can´t believe the brightness of this thing.

If it really is as bright as this I´d like to get one :)

Ok I can do that when my frind comes back from vacation, I don't have a video camera but he does. I have to admit there was some smoke in the room from a large match that helped the beam show up more so i could photograph it quicker. The beam does show up without the match smoke pretty well. I'll post a photo of it without the smoke to show the difference until I can get some video of it.

-Todd

atlemo

Awesome, thanks!
Maby a photo of the beam with a very bright background will do aswell.