Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

optoelectronics manufacturers in China......

Those who are so quick to be critical of the companies in China that manufacture lasers need to be aware of the fact that many, if not most companies here in the USA purchase their products from those same Chinese companies, triple the price, place their name/label on the instrument, and give it a very nice package, and sell those in the US under the U S company's name.
I have purchased 6 lasers from CNITRA, and as many from LASEVER, and have Always received great service, great prices, and the only laser that I have had stop functioning was replaced without question, even after the 6 month warranty period was up.
The Chinese people take great pride in their work, and quality of their products. They have errors in manufacturing processes just as manufacturers in the USA have. The people who handle customer problems at the companies I have dealt with in China are faster and more helpful with problems, at least with optoelectronics, than the ones I have had interaction with in the USA, the UK, or Canada.

China has a lot of cheap labour. They produce a lot of cheap products.

But I don't think anyone believes that's ALL they do :)

Murudai said:
China has a lot of cheap labour. They produce a lot of cheap products.

well....i'm not racist
but with my friends we use this as a rule:

chinese make cheap stuff
japanese make anime.

It just depends on the company, employees and design of the product
CNI lasers are made in China right?

It depends what companies in China resellers are getting their lasers from. Viasho and CNI are Chinese manufacturers that are trusted on here.

nikokapo said:
[quote author=Murudai link=1211770001/0#1 date=1211771572]China has a lot of cheap labour. They produce a lot of cheap products.

well....i'm not racist
but with my friends we use this as a rule:

chinese make cheap stuff
japanese make anime.[/quote]

and the gee tee arrrrrrr

GTR-main.jpg

in your face porsche! :D

roverolls said:
Those who are so quick to be critical of the companies in China that manufacture lasers need to be aware of the fact that many, if not most companies here in the USA purchase their products from those same Chinese companies, triple the price, place their name/label on the instrument, and give it a very nice package, and sell those in the US under the U S company's name.
I have purchased 6 lasers from CNITRA, and as many from LASEVER, and have Always received great service, great prices, and the only laser that I have had stop functioning was replaced without question, even after the 6 month warranty period was up.
The Chinese people take great pride in their work, and quality of their products. They have errors in manufacturing processes just as manufacturers in the USA have. The people who handle customer problems at the companies I have dealt with in China are faster and more helpful with problems, at least with optoelectronics, than the ones I have had interaction with in the USA, the UK, or Canada.

gee thanks for the troll post ::)

you've been a member of the forum long enough to know that there are different companies in china that make all sorts of products with all sorts of quality levels

Aww... Razako... I've seen all those ones.

Post some fresh 'This thread = Fail' type pics ;D

The quality of Chinese electronics has gotten better than vs. 10 years ago. Once NAFTA was signed into law, factories in China sprouted up over night (seriously!!) Many being electronics production/factories. These factories and manufacturing plants were not ISO900x certified. The quality of their stuff was JUNK for the most part.

I've personally deal with PLL IC's once manufactured by fairchild, then discontinued. An unknown IC manufacture in China started making this discontinued PLL. Failiar rate went through the roof with these china made IC's. In the past 2 -3 years I've noticed less failiar rate for these PLL's - down 75%.

More and more of these Chinese companies are NOW ISO900x certified for manufaturing. This has brought up the quality.

Something to look for with Chinese electronic companies is to check their certifications.

Cheers