Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Optics collection, portable laser housing FS

Times are tough so I'm having to sell off what I can to stay afloat.

I have a large collection of optics up for grabs. I'd prefer to sell them off all at once but I will put stuff in envelopes to post out if you want something individually.
It consists of:

Misc.
1) 1x PS3 focus adjustment lens with stepper motor
2) 1x LCD shutter module
3) 1x 2 axis "starfield" diffraction grating, roughly 4mm x 2mm but in a 8mm dia. plastic ring

Lenses
Rated weak, med or strong, all plastic unless specified otherwise
4) 1x 2mm by 1mm med biconvex lens in a small transparent plastic piece
5) 1x set of unknown lenses - focuses close-ish - in black plastic piece appx 5mm by 6mm round, aperture appx 3mm
6) 1x strong lens, 6mm dia in a 8mm by 3mm black plastic ring, plano-concave
7) 1x med lens 4mm x 1mm in a clear plastic tube 5mm wide by 6mm long
8) 1x lens same as 6) but without plastic ring
9) 1x biconcave disc 1mm by 4mm
10) 1x biconcave disc 1mm by 6mm
11) 1x planoconcave disc 2mm by 8mm
12) 1x weak concave- strong convex disc 3mm by 8mm
13) 1x same as 12) but 1mm thick

PBS cubes
14) 2x 5mm by 5mm seem AR coated for blue-green as they reflect orange-red
so you use them with a blue or green laser, if i am correct would not work as well for red.
if someone would care to correct me if I'm wrong I'd appreciate it :p
15) 1x 3mm by 3mm, reflects greeny-blue light
16) 1x 3mm by 4mm, same as 15)
17) 2x 4mm by 4mm, reflect purply blue light
18) 1x 2mm by 2mm, reflects orangy red light

AR coated glass - use for dichro?
Don't take my word for it but I think some of these could be used as a dichro.
19) 1x 1mm by 5mm by 11mm piece, reflects pink light
20) 1x 1mm by 6mm by 10mm piece reflects gold light, quite a beautiful colour actually
21) 1x 2mm by 4mm by 5mm piece, reflects as 20), 1/2mm bevel along a 4mm edge
22) 1x 0.75mm by 4mm by 7mm piece, very slightly rhomboid, reflects aqua (something like argon ion at 488nm)
23) 1x 0.75mm by 2mm by 2mm piece, reflects burnt orange colour (something like 593.5nm)
24) 1x 0.5mm by 5mm by 8mm piece, slightly rhomboid, reflects lime green (close to 532nm) in a weird shape plastic disc 14mm round by 1mm thick with a pair of 1.5mm by 5mm 'legs' protruding from an edge
25) 1x 2mm by 6mm by 7mm piece, reflects fairly light yellow, 2mm bevel along a 6mm edge
26) 1x 12mm by 10mm by 3mm piece, reflects blue tinged white but has a yellow gleam to it, 3mm bevel along a 10mm edge and a 0.5mm bevel along a 10mm edge on the same face.

That's all of the optics. Tomorrow I will take a decent photo and label each piece.
The PBS cubes are labeled according to the colour of light they reflect when turned in my hand under compact fluorescent tube lighting. I don't know if this is the colour they are designed for, or the colour they are designed to reflect.
All optics will be hand cleaned and polished before being posted in optical tissue paper and bubble wrap.

Portable laser housing:
Fair condition, can't remember where it came from but I paid $80. It's a Techlaser Crossfire case and the warning label says <250mw.
The back end of the barrel is intact (battery segment) up to where the front of the battery would go.
Internally it's OK, missing the piece of plastic that houses the button, circuit and key assembly, and that holds the top of the battery.
Includes both keys.
I also have the laser section of it, a module thing that slides into the head. Both crystals and all lenses are intact, needs a new 2W Cmount diode to function.
Includes all lens discs that screw into the head with a pin spanner / "spanner wrench" (I've used Circlip pliers), and aperture shutter.
Some deformity around what was the keyswitch hole, easily removable with a file.
Black anodized finish.
I will take some pics of it when I take pics of the optics.

This is just being posted for now so I can spike some interest.

Prices:
Optics collection -
I'd let the whole thing go for somewhere around $50 which is a great deal considering what it cost me to collect in the first place, and what it'd cost to go buy stuff like this.
If you really really really want a single piece or a few pieces, post here asking what ones and I'll consider it.

Portable laser housing (and guts to go in it) -
I paid $80. I'd let it go for half that ($40).
Viable alternative to a kenbarrel for anyone wanting more space inside to play with!

Remember pics are coming.
So... anyone interested?

I wold be interested, provided you let me pay after I received it, since I have not received anything from you that I have paid for as of yet.

SenKat_Stonetek said:
I wold be interested, provided you let me pay after I received it, since I have not received anything from you that I have paid for as of yet.

Well first of all Darklandz is offering me $70 express posted (which btw is not a lot since $15 is about what express postage costs :p)
so would you beat that price?
And are you asking for the housing too, or just the optics?
And one more thing. Is there something I've forgotten about that you bought from me apart from the drivers which are in the post? You sound like I've done something else.

Blue - what you have done is lie consistently regarding your "posting" of the drivers - you have dragged poor Kenom's GB through the mud, and made it so that folks are not participating in the second run. You continually spam other threads regarding your "sales" - I have received complaints (unverified by me, but still !) from other forum members that you aresitting on their money, and not sending their products - for something that was promised in "Februaryish" <---my verbiage--> I cannot believe it is damned near MAY, and I still do not have drivers ! THAT is what you have done.
If my drivers are not here by Wednesday of next week - expect a pay-pal dispute for non-delivery and theft. I guess you can add it to your other pay-pal disputes ?

:(
I can only say that I know where I've gone wrong and from here on I am honestly working hard to deal with it. I'm refunding people left right and centre and completing all current projects without taking on any more new ones. I intend to totally wind everything down until I have no dealings with everybody from which point I can sit back and look at things from a different perspective.

If you are willing to pay for the optics kit and or laser housing after you've received it, I will honor that as an act of good faith.

ANYONE can get overloaded. It is how you deal with it that matters - communicate OFTEN, and clearly, and you can recover from this. I guess your current offer was $70 ? If you send it (regular post) to me, I will take the whole lot off of you for the same price - provided you let me pay you after the items are received. If that is equitable (entirely up to you) I'll throw the ball back into your court.

God knows I'm overloaded. I'll take your advice. The offer was $70 shipped for the optics alone. And I'm totally happy to get it shipped pre-payment, I know I can trust you and it motivates me to get it shipped anyway.

I want to see a picture of the portable laser housing you have. PM me an image or something.

Pic of the portable coming in just a minute.

On another note, I just got 5 bluray sleds. Anyone want a set of PS3 optics or 5? :p

Sorry, I sent the entire thing off to Senkat. I'll harvest some more sleds tonight, so I'll have about 10 more PBS cubes up for grabs.