Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Opinions needed on aliexpress laser!

Tmack

I've heard some pretty harsh comments on that host. (lipstick) but if you like it, you like it.

the polished looks better than the color of the 1w 520nm version. (gold)

Last edited:
Awesome! thats why i was askin on here! I figured sum1 has seen or heard of these hosts/builds.

Tmack

A member bought one for $950 with a 1w 520nm in it.
I just don't think anyone really is in love with the host.
But he didn't seem to mind it.

You could have one built for just a bit more. Or build one yourself. I've built 2 500mw 638nm and it's very easy

Last edited:
because in all honesty it probably works rather well as one provided it's focusable (just checked -- it is). Possibly also why it's disguised as a lipstick (don't they do cans of mace like this too?). Just defocus it a little and you can flood a perpetrator with very dazzling light. The danger being it's much more likely to reflect back at you than a bullet is to ricochet or mace is to blow back in your face.

Although highly unlawful and dangerous a high powered slightly defocussed laser could probably work rather well as an anti-personnel device from enough of a distance where you could keep it trained on them as they moved. I can see where I park my car from my flat window and if someone was snooping around it looking intent to damage it you can bet your ass I'd throw those 16340s in my 445 and have it powered up before you know it -- if anything as a warning. I hope I never need to, mind - but it is at the back of my mind as in this country we have a habit of prosecuting people who attack burglars (yes, really), and people are getting wise to it.

Last edited: