Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Opinion on 650mw green military Rayfoss

I am interested in purchsing a high power green pointer on a budget of about 650-700 dollars...I have ordered from O-like and do trust them but Rayfoss is the lower cost for the 600-650mw green. I have never ordered from rayfoss, can I trust them to post acurate power levels on there lasers???????? Is there customer service as well as O-like? If you have ordered high power green laser pointers from either of these companies please reply to this post. THANK YOU!

jeffd

If I were you I would get a cni 400mw rpl from the cni group buy... It costs about the same , will be overspec, have better beam specs than the rayfoss, and have a much longer duty cycle than the rayfoss

Yea those CNI PGL's look nice, and CNI's quality will be much better than rayfoss's.

When does the group buy take place and how does it work? Do you pay for it using paypal? What is the cost for the cni 400mw green with a group buy? Keep me informed...I am interested!

jeffd

Well i think the chances that the rayfoss will be underspec or defective are much higher

If you look at my signature, you'll see that I own the >500mW 532nm SLD laser from RAYFOSS. Now, I do NOT own nor have EVER owned a comparable model from O-LIKE to make a comparison, but my RAYFOSS peaks at 610mW's & averages just over 550mW's. Take this info. however you will, but suffice it to say that I am VERY SATISFIED with my RAYFOSS model. It feels & looks well made, & the power readings speak volumes. The power readings were taken with my LASERBEE I DELUXE/DATA LOGGING................ rob

My rule is to never spend more than $100 on a laser unless one of you forum vets make it, because the more you spend the harder you fall (when it's under-spec)