Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Opened flashlight - Parts can be used?

Hey, my dad sells lots of different things, and he got me this defective flashlight today. I took it apart to see what was inside. The flashlight had two lights two different places, so it had 2 buttons. One of the lights was 5 LEDs and the other had 21 LEDs. (Good quality i think!). The small circuitboard the 5 LEDs is connected to, also have a small red diode, and an input for the battery(So it can recharge:p). The small red light lights when the battery is fully charged, and maybe it could be used in a laser? Please help me, it's my first real "project" if this works :)
How can i find out the LEDs required voltages etc? The battery is "Li-Ion 3.7V 1000mAh" so the LEDs only need that?
Here's some pictures:
This strange black thing was inside, it is very light, and on the back it has some white tape?
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/5669/billede0337.jpg
Link because image didn't resize..

Here's the circuitboard with 5 LEDs, the black thing is the input for charge, and the small red diode is on the back/side.

You must use a resistor to limit the current. Look up on google for a LED calculator. You can use the red light if you want: 2V, 10-20mA.

If i wanna test what voltage the diodes are at, should i get one of the things that you can slowly turn up the voltage? How can i on future items find out the needed voltage, without frying anything. ?

That's what i thourd. :/
Where can i buy adjustable powersupply? There's no electronic store in my city.. Even though it has 60.000 people living there. :(

Do you say i have to buy an adjustable power supply? I can only find some at >100$ :(

The thing your linking too, is like some LEDs? I mean if you take the amount of Leds in a "chain" that overall takes the same amount power current etc. as the selected LD?

Can someone say what price range an adjustable power supply cost? I've searched, but only rather expensive posts have been found. Anyone knows what the black thing i posted a pic of is? There was also a strong magnet inside the flashlight.?