Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Open letter to some of the Noobs

An open letter to the Noobs/JERKS that neg repped me and posted BS about me (that thread is now closed with those comments in it; hence this by me).

I was home when my Arctic arrived at my place of business, so naturally I was very excited that it finally arrived after all the delays and waiting seven weeks for it. So I posted "FINALLY The Eagle has Landed", I then logged off and hurried to work to get my package which is a bit of a drive for me. I had one of them ordered and shipped through my place of business for a couple of reasons and it seems to have paid off and finally arrived. That order was placed from the get-go and has the lowest number I have seen compared to any of the numbers I have seen on here, FB or LC.

While driving back from my place of business to my home, I received a very stressful call that my Mother just passed.
I got home as fast as I could and placed several phone calls, to which the last call was to book a last minute flight half way across the country to where I now needed to be.
I took care of a few business things I felt I should have, sent an email or two and frankly I was out of here; you’re darn skippy I didn't sign back onto LPF.

Now I come home after burying my Mother only to find a couple of emails telling me to check LPF for all the crap that was posted about me. I am very distraught after all of this, and I almost can't even see a reason why I'm even bothering to explain myself here to a few children and/or in-mature "adults".

Well it turns out some bitched that I signed-off and haven't signed back on in 3 days or something like that, so they neg rep me.
WELL don't you THINK there might have been a reason why I wasn't signed on in the first place?? Did you send me PM asking anything?? NO! Heck for all you knew my PC could of been broken, my Internet Connection could have been down, shall I go on and on??

I think YOU guys ought to be banned for such actions and I think the Policy of this Forum ought to change in some way to especially not allow Noobs to engage in such self-centered childish behavior.
Get a freak’n Life, I have one and it's NOT on the Internet or revolves around Lasers, which just so happens to be one of about four hobbies I enjoy when I have or make the time for.

I routinely put in a 10-12 hour day and work part of weekends too. Recently I was on vacation and I was able to go onto LPF more than I had lately been able to and was posting and keeping up. I’d say for about the past month I put a fair amount of time on LPF which I normally can’t do. However for all the effort I put into this, an entire month of posts has been deleted off of this system. I for one felt like I wasted an entire month here on LPF reading/following/posting and while yes there was a lot of garbage in some of it, there was also some good info too. I’m not sure how others feel that posted in there too and loss of all of that, but it sure made me examine home much time I was spending online. You probably noticed in the newer thread even before I made the eagle landed post, I haven’t posted as much now, and that is completely on purpose. As I didn’t want to spend as much time following/posting in a thread that most likely will be deleted and thus a complete waste of Time, which is a very valuable commodity to me.

In the past couple of weeks I’ve read posts that asked for a complete review of my Endeavor and for me to make a video on youtube of it. I explained that I really don’t have time to do that, nor much desire to do so and I already have a couple of pictures on here of it. Response then was, “then he must be lying and he doesn’t really have one, yet another said, he must have messed it up if he won’t make a video”.

Yet neither person even bothered to search around for the posted pics. Then the same few people I believe, posted hey he’s got 2 RPL’s in his signature, no way he has 2 RPL’s. I make a small post back about it, and then get the same garbage back again, post pics or your lying.
YET I have already done this in the past; go look for them, it’s not my “job” to post new pictures every time a Noob comes on here and decides to call you a lair that you don’t have something. Don’t know how many times last year same thing when I bought my Coherent Meter, yet I posted when I thought it was appropriate pictures of it in action and they still don’t even bother to search around for it. Even had a couple asking me to make some Video of my Endeavor and RPL, as in a year or so after they get a job they want to buy one……Really?? They don’t have 2 nickels to rub together, yet they want me to put together videos for their personal thrills??

Point being here, Noobs ought not be allowed to come on here and keep doing this to Members that have been on here for years. I don’t see this type of behavior on the Gun Forums, and Knife Forums I visit.
After I’ve had a chance to rest and get back into the swing of things, I’ll meter my Arctic and update my signature with it true output. Speaking of that, I found a note on my door that my neighbor has also signed for a package from them which just happens to be from a different carrier than the one that landed at my place of business, I hope they get home soon so I can retrieve it from them. Lastly I have emails that said they shipped to me on Thursday past and yet another person who tell me they shipped to me on Friday. That ought to be interesting since I’ll then have to be doing returns back to them.

To the Senior Members on here, sorry for the long rant, I wanted and felt I needed to get this off of my chest and will delete this if necessary; Thanks for your understanding.

You have no need to explain yourself.
Don't take too much offense from it. After all, it is just a bunch of kids in a playground.
Take a break. Stay away from the garbage on this forum. Don't let it bring you down.

Haven't been following many threads these days. Did they really neg rep you for that reason? My Chuck...

Hope all is well apart from this :)

My condolences electron. Time heals all wounds, look after yourself mate.

I am very sorry for our behavior, we had no idea, I don't know what else to say really, I feel really sorry for your situation :( My condolences for you also

This is EXACTLY why I get so irate about people who snidely talk about people on the internet "just being pixels" and how they "dont give a f*ck" about what they do online.

All this is - is a communications medium. Like speaking, telephone, postal mail, whatever. There are real people behind each 'entity', and I think that though on other places on the net its par for the course to pile on people who don't meet every expectation, it'd serve to remember that when people log off, they have real lives and real tragedies that they have to deal with.

I've seen this already in my short tenure on LPF so far: Life issues interrupting "laser issues", such as with Kenom and Glenn, and now Electron.

Everyone should remember -- these are things we all have to deal with and someday it'll be you that will get the distressed call.

First... sorry to hear about your mother... I can understand
the emotional stress... It happened to me a few weeks ago..
Don't feel bad... I got banned...

I just checked you Reps and comments and I don't see
any Negative Reps or BS comments....:thinking:

Perhaps a link to what you are referring to would throw
some lite as to this thread... I don't see any Negs in your
rep page...:thinking:

Jerry

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. You don't answer to anyone on this forum, so only do the review when you're ready, and certainly don't take their comments to heart. I hope this is an eye-opener for some of the people who complained - jumping to conclusions is something people can be guilty of far too regularly.

The thread was deleted, IIRC, so wouldn't the comments be taken off the rep pages?

As a Noob here, but not to Forums I offer My Sincere condolences, and wish for You to find the peace You need to heal. No One should have to defended themselves from slander on this forum by anyone at anytime..You don't like something or someone..Hey You know where the power button is or better yet I hear the Disney site is rock'in go hang with the rest of the kids.

Electron You take care Man!!!

Coherent:

That all seems very reasonable, and sorry about your mum. At the same time it's not practical for people to constantly act as if something like this has happened. Neither should they have reacted how they did. I believe a medium is better reached. When you say you finally have what people have been waiting for, then disappear for days, people are going to assume you are teasing or something, or lying. Frankly, its alot more likely than your mum has died. But trying to chase you up on it or neg repping before a scenario can be confirmed is going far too far, it's reminiscent of those who declared the arctic a scam the first time it got delayed. Sorry if im not being very sympathetic here. I believe you did the right thing, I just dont like to claim that I am personally and deeply grieved myself by what has happened to someone I dont know. I hate it when people do that, just makes them seem fake.

Electron ----

Most of the "members" here are kids who have no real life experience and therefore no understanding of what is in their future. I have burried my parents and several relatives and know what loss is, like you.
It is sad that the kids here can't understand. They never will after the age of 7. Sad for all of society.

I wish you and your family the blessings of God.

HMike

@ Jerry

I'm very sorry to hear about your loose as well, I had no idea.

To try and answer your questions, when I came back there were neg reps & comments on my rep section of my account. I then went a read what they wrote in the thread about the arctic discussion and it was on the 27th I believe is where you will find it, sorry but I don't have the stamina to go back and give you the exact link in that thread.

I then made this thread and I noticed my post count was 802 & rep showed 27. Now I see my post count is down to 646 & rep is down to 26, and I just checked what you said and there are no longer anything bad in my rep account profile, it's gone.

I don't have any explanation of that except something somehow must have got adjusted/deleted which also lowered my post counts too pushing me further away from Vet status I might add too, so I guess I just can't "win" don't know what to make of it. Maybe that will get corrected too, can't say because I've no idea how it changed in the first place.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I'm burned out & going to bed now.

Ditto on the previous posts. I don't know you, or the details on those threads. I've watched many flame wars go on here. It's a mix of adolescents and trolls that cause these problems. People come and go constantly on this forums and they cause trouble along the way. The best way i have found to deal with it is to simply ignore them.

They mean nothing and they'll be gone as soon as they lose interest or they spend all their allowance.

I can not truly know your pain because I have yet to lose either of my parents or anyone whom i am close with. But you have my sympathy and i wish you and your family well.

-Matthew Ohrenberg

Raybo

First... sorry to hear about your mother... I can understand
the emotional stress... It happened to me a few weeks ago..
Don't feel bad... I got banned...

Perhaps a link to what you are referring to would throw
some lite as to this thread... I don't see any Negs in your
rep page...:thinking:

Jerry

I agree with Jerry!

I have been negged in the past and I could give a rats a$$ about who says what and why, it's just the way (I am) things are.
There are times when I say dumb things and I will continue to do so until the day I die.:whistle:
I'm also sorry for your lose, but something about your story seems a little......creepy. It's not that I don't believe you, but like Jerry I need a link to the nasty things that happened to you (your rep looks fine to me).

Ray

First
I would like to extend my condolences for the loss of your Mother.
The treatment you received by some of the LPF newcomers is absurd and total bullshit. What a nice surprise to return home to.

Wow I had no idea some of this bullshit was going on, negative repped for not giving people what they want. And being called a lier for owning 2 RPLs.
I'm so ready for this arctic crap to blow over. There has been way too much drama associated with this companies laser. However I have a felling we still have a long way to go.

I talked with dave, all the negative reps were removed, also I was at my Great Grandfathers Funeral today, cried at the 21 gun salute, and had to put my dog asleep that we had forever a few days before that, so people on here do have real lives, I give my heart out to you electron, we didn't do it with the intent of being an asshole, I am very sorry for negative rep-ing you, it was a insinct reaction, I saw the first person in the world with a good amount of posts say the he got it, and then leaves, at the same time if I had been in the situation your were in, LPF would be the last thing on my mind when you got that call, so I understand with that, I am sorry, hope you feel better :)