Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Open Can "maddog 20x" finally done...

I just hadn't had time, but I finally got around to putting the thin together...

this was actually one of the easier 20X open can diodes i've extracted so far, $39 from compUSA and prolly gonna go down further...

the thing is powered at approx 320ma, I know not the mw yet, but it lights matches fine:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/v/TLjaMZWziUs&rel=1[/media]

yay! and thats underpowered! for those who thjink its in fast motion... it's not, listen to the tv talking in the background, the guy talking isnt talking fast at all.

chido

Nice, is that a project box from raidoshack, are you using ddl's circuit, how did you fit the rheostat in there, or did you use another kind of pot?  Sorry for all the questions.;D

roSSco

:cool: If you had the box on a table (easier to get the spot on the match) and the matches in a line you could have lit them much quicker.

I wish we (one of us) could find a supplier for those diodes. I've spent a lot of time looking w/o any results. :(

its not like it took any time to light the matches anyhow. I can light matches from three feet away, thats as far as i've bothered to check.

roSSco

I didn't mean that to sound negative. ;)

I can light one 15' away and you are putting a little more current in than me. Give it a try! ;)

Gazoo

;D Another open can enthusiast.

member02...What is the model number of the drive you extracted it from?

i'll have to stop buy compusa again to check, i threw out the hardware already, and this mysterious brand, i swear i got the name right, doesn't seem to exist on the internet.

lol

Gazoo

Well don't go out of your way to find out... ;D I am always curious...you know me..lol

I went there today and low and behold "40% off!!" last time it was 15%, I ran inside, couldn't find the exact same maddog dvd writer anymore, but i did buy myself a compusa dvd 20x +lightscribe for $38, normally $79

so i'm happy, I also bought some games and a printer, total was $107, lol.pretty good i'd say.

thats awesome, I been using the OC LD's myself, I set mine up at 310ma.. cant recall whether I set that up with 3 tripple A's or 3 double A's though.. 2.2 ohms is what I use. Distant burning is possible yet it takes a steady hand or a mount for the laser and then fine tuning the optics. Ive done balloons at 20 feet, matches at 10 feet.. havent tried for more reach.. why bother!