Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

On and off Power outputs.

Hello! It's been a very long time since I last signed in.

I've had this on going problem and I could never seem to figure out whats going on.

Problem: Laser pointer will produce 100mw's for a moment and then it dims down and then a high pitched frequency can be heard. It's not the diode dying out or anything because I build two 3405's and same thing happened to both of them. Sometimes after powering on and off it goes back to normal for a moment.

Awhile back my dad told me that the tail caps were the problem but I don't know what to do with him not being around anymore.

Specs.
phr-803t diode in an Axiziz housing.
FlexDrive v5 tuned to 110mA
MDXL 3405 + heatsink
Standard Axiziz lense.
x3 AAA batteries Rayovac

Last edited:

USAbro

What driver and diode are you using? And did you buy it or build it?

You can test the tail cap by putting the batteries in, leave the tail cap off, and use a wire or peice of aluminum foil to connect the batteries to the host. If it still does it, it's not the tail cap.

Other than that, check your batteries. This is where I would start.

That really says bad cells to me. What voltage are each of your AAAs at? Be sure you're not using carbon zinc ("heavy duty") cells - those are horrendous for anything besides low power.