Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

OMG the new Firefox SUCKS!  (HELP!)

Ok, my primary way of surfing is to type in the url of the website that I wish to go to,and it auto-finishes websites that I visit regularly, at which point I arrow down to the one I want and hit enter. But with the new FF, when I try do that, it brings up what I presume to be 'suggested' websites that have nothing to do with what I'm trying to get to.

Is there any way to set this new FF to autofinish a url like it used to, or do I have to re download the old version?

I dunno... I told it to go die in a fire when it wanted me to upgrade.

In before Niko with his Opera supremacy.

Re: OMG the new Firefox SUCKS!  (HELP!)

I have all my sites as bookmark buttons :cool:

all i type is "l" and theres lpf first one there. you just have to visit it a few times. i like the new ff even though most plugins stopped working, but i also noticed a drastic increase in speed ;D i didnt like the new autofill at first either, but it starts to get better after you visit the sites more.

yes, you can deactivate it, there should be an option around there.

in OPERA you can deactivate it for sure, i've tried it, but it isnt as intrusive and annoying as it is on FF.

Yeah, I agree.

Is there a way to downgrade firefox?
:(

I hate it.

find firefox 2 and then uninstall 3 then install 2 again. i chose never to upgrade when it asked me b/c i tried the beta and didnt like it.

diachi

VillageIdiot said:
I dunno... I told it to go die in a fire when it wanted me to upgrade.

Your not the only one, my computer has a trouble starting because of the amount of things that need upgraded.

Glad I never bothered my arse upgrading it now .

Diachi said:
[quote author=VillageIdiot link=1220051952/0#1 date=1220067814]I dunno... I told it to go die in a fire when it wanted me to upgrade.

Your not the only one, my computer has a trouble starting because of the amount of things that need upgraded.

Glad I never bothered my arse upgrading it now .[/quote]
that may not be things that need to be upgraded. you may just need to manage your start-up entries. delete unnessacary b/s from starting when your comp does.

EDIT: a good prog to use is called CCleaner. just google it

How do you remove programs from startup?

and I cant find firefox 2. :(
whatever.

i found a couple d/l's for firefox 2 on a torrent site. if you cant find startup manager in the control panel ccleaner has 1 in it. its a great program btw.

diachi

ndrew2505 said:
[quote author=Diachi link=1220051952/0#7 date=1220129870][quote author=VillageIdiot link=1220051952/0#1 date=1220067814]I dunno... I told it to go die in a fire when it wanted me to upgrade.

Glad I never bothered my arse upgrading it now .[/quote]
that may not be things that need to be upgraded. you may just need to manage your start-up entries. delete unnessacary b/s from starting when your comp does.

EDIT: a good prog to use is called CCleaner. just google it[/quote]

Nah it's not that, it's like windows updates, and java updates, and veoh updates.

Yeah I just downloaded Ccleaner. i like it.

It's too hot to look threough torrent sites.
I cant even type.

I hate summer.

you can choose which updates to install. i only install windows updates that help the comp. beside where it says update now when update screen pops up theres a thingie beside it that says view available updates. click there and choose only the 1's you want and uncheck any you dont.

RA_pierce said:
Yeah I just downloaded Ccleaner. i like it.

It's too hot to look threough torrent sites.
I cant even type.

I hate summer.

my a/c works good but it sux when i have to go outside...lol

Right about now I'm just thanking Baal that I didn't upgrade FF on my laptop, and that only the wife upgraded it on her desktop. She likes it, the wierdo. ;D

ndrew2505 said:
i chose never to upgrade when it asked me b/c i tried the beta and didnt like it.

Same.

I was using FF3 on one of my laptops to test things for an online game I do QA for. I tried Beta versions and even a release candidate, and I just didn't like it at all. I'm sticking with FF2 for now, at LEAST until there is some better addon support in FF3 :)