Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

OMG NEW 803T SOURCE? :D :D

airy52

Hey all,

I'm currently in contact with a distributor that may be able to get us some phr-803t sleds. For around 25-30 dollars. Thats what they said for a min order of 10, but I know more than 10 will be bought so I can try to haggle them down more. They speak only chinese, with horrible english, and I'm sure you can understand why that would be hard. Has anyone had experience with foreign deals. I would like some info on how not to get screwed over and such. They say they will not accept paypal...scam? Send a pm my way if you have. Thanks!

Oh and the point of this thread, yaesh.. Is this the right sled???
;D
3.jpg

4.jpg

8.jpg

IgorT

In china, hardly anyone accepts PayPal. You have to wire the money. And you usually have to wire them chinese bank transaction charges on top of that...

I was also worried when sending money to China for the first time.. :)

BTW, i don't know, how you negotiated with them and what price they quoted you, but you need to promise them a larger order, if the price is right, and you need to consider all the extra costs, that will inevitably be involved.

A GB is not really an easy thing to do, and you will either end up changing the price in the middle (and people will be unhappy) or you will end up losing money, if you don't consider all the costs.

airy52

Hey thanks! I'm guessing it will take a while to get everyone organized, but I'm an organized person. So I can create an spreadsheet with peoples interested name address, whether they have paid, and what they want, etc. And post in 3-4 forums group buy section. The costs I see are:
1. sled
2. transaction fees
3. shipping china>here
4. shipping here>you

customs fees?? I'm going to talk to amk and see how it went. Thanks. Should be exciting!

Frechy

If you are able to get the price to go 20 bucks (or lower, but i doubt that), i'm in for 3. Dunno what shipping and stuff will cost me, The Netherlands is quite a distance...

IgorT

International Priority Flatrate shipping from the US is $12.something, Frechy... Regardless of where you live.

Airy: If you can get the total price to under $26 per diode (+ shipping of course), that would be great. But make sure you got all the costs figured in. And promise the supplier a larger order, if the "samples" test well... ;)

If i should need any, i would need them partially extracted (cable cut, heatsink broken off the sled - diode in the square heatsink). It's the only way i can get them to pass customs in Slovenia unmolested (without paying a fortune)..

You won't pay any custom fees i think.. The US customs are not nearly as stringent as ours, or so i heard. But better ask and make sure...

Frechy

$12 is allright! About $60 to $70 for 3 sleds + $12 would do just fine for me. I don't need it disassembled. I like to do that stuff myself. How fast can we do this?

IgorT

GBs take a lot of time, Frechy.. People don't always realize that. It takes a while for everyone to order and pay. And if the price has to be low, more people have to order, and it takes longer..

I've been in group buys, that took three months, before stuff was even ordered. And then it takes for it to ship one way, and then the other. This is not something that happens in a week.

BTW, i also prefer to disassemble them myself. But i have big problems with the customs in my country. I need them partially extracted, so i don't have to pay a fortune in custom fees and taxes on top. But in that case, i have to trust someone to extract them safely.. Luckily, here it only takes cutting a cable and breaking off the square heatsink with the diode from the sled... It's hardly any work, and not much can happen to the diode.

P.S. I kinda doubt you will get three diodes for $60 or even $70.. I would love to get them for that price. But i talked to the same suppliers, and the price they quoted me was higher than $20. And then you have to include other costs... :(

Frechy

IgorT said:
GBs take a lot of time, Frechy.. People don't always realize that. It takes a while for everyone to order and pay. And if the price has to be low, more people have to order, and it takes longer..

I've been in group buys, that took three months, before stuff was even ordered. And then it takes for it to ship one way, and then the other. This is not something that happens in a week.

Yeah, i know, had quite a few dutch GB's. I really want 2 or 3 of these 803T sleds. I'm also trying to negotiate for a 10 unit purchase somewhere, don't know the price yet though + it'll cost me atleast 30 bucks of shipping from China to Holland. Really could use a US resident to send me a couple...
[sub]I'm was sooo pissed when i missed the Geeks.com offer by like a day. :'([/sub]

IgorT

Airy: Ask them to give you a price quote for 50. Not 10.

I would take more than 10 myself (depending on the price and timing).. I wanted to in Amkh's group buy, but i was so busy, that i forgot to check how it's going, and i missed it. :(

lol i found the same source...
i was gonna do the same thing...
i think your using the guy whos link i posted..
AKA Laser-JP

Dear Sir:

Thanks of your mail!

Yes, this is the PHR-803T, not DT0811.
Minimum order is 10. unit price is USD 25.
How qty your need? Please let us know!

Waiting for your reply!
Many thanks!
Janette

plus shipping.. from there location to a central location then to your house...