Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

OMG!!!  Now I REALLY apreciate DPSS lasers! &

VW

So within the course of an hour or so, my whole block got swept by the thickest fog I've seen for a good few years. This is no exaduration, this is the kind of fog that's like man made fog on ground leve and gets thicker untill it becomes clouds further up in the sky. You of course know what I did, I ran straight up stairs, grabbed my H150 and SBP40 and went out side with a phat one.

I always apreciated my lasers, but I've never seen them in such glory that I've seen them tonight. They were absolutely stunning!!! I had previously been on a weekend in the country which was a good oppertunity to see them in pitch black, however the Li-Ion in my Spartan "misteriously" drained and I wasn't able to use it longer for a few seconds. Today I went out without charging the battery and now even without knowing whether it's charged or not, the beam is incredible. You can obviously tell the Hulk was pretty crazy.

I didn't want to go out with the difraction grating because in the city, you never know where air craft are and in fog like that, you can't see a thing. I'm really tempted but I think I'll save that for another time.

Anyway just thought I'd share that with you. Anyone else been lucky enough to experience this?

Re: OMG!!!  Now I REALLY apreciate DPSS lasers! &

hehe you lucky thing.
we havent had any fog around here for a few months, but i wouldve probably done the same thing as you.
what i do know, shining high powered lasers through diffraction gratings in thick fog, looks unbelievably stunning!! u should try take some pics.
cant wait till we get some fog  :(

Re: OMG!!!  Now I REALLY apreciate DPSS laser

UGGGGHHHH, PICTURES NOW!!!!!!!! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

a picture tells a thousand words ;D

Razako

You won't hit airplanes if you use a diffraction grating in thick fog. The beam won't even reach the airplanes because it will be scattered by the fog.

u know what i always wanted to try - a time tunnel - outside in the fog!! :D
make that batman type beam going to the moon lol.

Ace82

Cool! My only criticism is that you should have posted this topic in the multimedia section with some photos or vids! Next time. ::)

i'm surprised how few people have fog machines - they're like a MUST have for any laser enthusiast :cool:

VW

Pic1

Attachments

• P5030664.JPG
    P5030664.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 329

VW

Pic2

Attachments

• P5030665.JPG
    P5030665.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 417

VW

Pic3

Attachments

• P5030666.JPG
    P5030666.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 267

VW

Pic4

Attachments

• P5030667.JPG
    P5030667.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 310

VW

Pic5

Attachments

• P5030668.JPG
    P5030668.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 402

Switch

MarioMaster said:
i'm surprised how few people have fog machines - they're like a MUST have for any laser enthusiast  :cool:
Inside fog and outside fog aren't the same you know ::) You can't take the fog machine outside and fog up the whole neighbourhood.
Unfortunately I only get fog when it's cold here.So no more fog for at least a few months :( But I did give up sleeping one foggy night to take some pics a while back :D

Here's one.Laser is placed on some guy's car on the street.

Attachments

• fog_pic.JPG
    fog_pic.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 283

VW

Sorry for the crappy pics, but I don't have a HQ camera.  The spartan ran out of batteries, so it was on low charge, but in that fog it looked easilly 150mW +.  It also dramatically changed colour by the illumination.  In that picture I'm just shining it at my grass. The Hulk though, that was too much.  It was the first time I was really uncomfortable using the thing, since it was so bright, it was really intimidating for air craft as helicopters fly over my area every few hours.  But yeah, you can see it was bright as hell.

On a side note, particles of light are huge!

VW said:
Sorry for the crappy pics, but I don't have a HQ camera.  The spartan ran out of batteries, so it was on low charge, but in that fog it looked easilly 150mW +.  It also dramatically changed colour by the illumination.  In that picture I'm just shining it at my grass.  The Hulk though, that was too much.  It was the first time I was really uncomfortable using the thing, since it was so bright, it was really intimidating for air craft as helicopters fly over my area every few hours.  But yeah, you can see it was bright as hell.

On a side note, particles of light are huge!
pic 5 looks amazing! :D