Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

OMFG Long Open Can GB#2!!!!!! CLOSED

Weeee000000ttt its BACK!!! Due to the great support I had from t3h last GB, I decided to do another one, JUST FOR YOU GUYS!!!

so, heres the infoz:

Open Can Sled: $18.50 Each

US shipping: $3.00, $0.50 for each additional unit

International shipping: [smiley=smiley_up.gif] [smiley=smiley_up.gif] [smiley=smiley_up.gif]PLUS another $4, so it comes out to a total of $7, with $0.50 more for each additional unit.

Same as last GB. These are the super secret LG drives that I used last GB. Long open can + kewl IR guaranteed!

more infoez to come,

amk

[c0ldshadow edit testing if this works for amk]

Re: OMFG Long Open Can GB#2!!!!!!

Jayrob: 7 PAID
Wicked1:    2
pocketfluff:  1 PAID
hydrogenman15:     5   PAID
mmkyle:     2PAID
mauswiesel: 3PAID
Ryo: 2
jaredian: 1 PAID
Murudai:  2 PAID
daguin:     5PAID
foobario:   2PAID
MTG18:  1PAID
Silent_Dawn 3PAID
scopeguy20:   1PAID

TOTAL:    37

http://amk123.110mb.com/Red.htm

PAYMENT PAGE!

For those of us that weren't here when the first one went down:

how do these compare to the diodes in the 22x LG from NewEgg?

From what I've read, the LOC diodes are the same in the 18x and 20x drives they come from, which means they are being driven higher/hotter at 20x. (But people seem to have had a lot of luck driving them very high.) Makes me wonder if the LG 22x are natively 22x, and how they compare to these LOC diodes... unfortunately the LG 22x aren't included in the DrLava roundup graph.

Of course if this GB is anything like the last one, it will be over before anyone answers my questions, but it's worth a shot.

jayrob

Hey has anybody compared these to the Pioneer 115D diodes? If they are as good, I would like to get in on this GB for a few of these sleds. We need to get this diode on DrLava's red diode round up graph for comparison!
Jay

jayrob said:
Hey has anybody compared these to the Pioneer 115D diodes? If they are as good, I would like to get in on this GB for a few of these sleds. We need to get this diode on DrLava's red diode round up graph for comparison!
Jay

These are essentially the same diodes only cheaper, and a wee bit harder to harvest. I have had similar results with Pioneer/this/other LG's, basically same output when driven at around 420-430mA. I love these because they come out to be soo cheap!

@ Foobario:
LOL sorry about the last GB. There is a limit on Western Union transfers you know, and they give me a hard time already below their limit. I dont want to be dealing with too much money at once.

I haven't had much experience with the 22x, but all I can say is 22x vs. 20x isn't a whole lot of power I don't think. Maybe someone withmore 22x experience can tune in on the conversation, but a lot of people have gotten good results with these 20x open cans. JayRob has achieved over 300mW, and the average builder 250. With a meridith glass lens/housing, and good heatsinking (the sinks JayRob sells) these babies can easily be pushed to 300mW.

any more questions? dont hesitate to post!

regards,

amk

jayrob

I'd like to try a few... Put me down for 7 sleds Amk. Just let me know when you need payment and so forth...
Thanks!
Jay

amkdeath said:
There is a limit on Western Union transfers you know, and they give me a hard time already below their limit. I dont want to be dealing with too much money at once.
how many did you order? i just sent almost 800$ to a supplier in china thru w/u and havent had any mention of any limits.

ndrew2505 said:
[quote author=amkdeath link=1219722003/0#5 date=1219728096] There is a limit on Western Union transfers you know, and they give me a hard time already below their limit. I dont want to be dealing with too much money at once.
how many did you order? i just sent almost 800$ to a supplier in china thru w/u and havent had any mention of any limits.[/quote]

ask w/u, they will tell you. I am dealing in the Multi-grand range.a little bit different than 800 lol...

jay got you

OK
Put me down for two.

I dont know what the deal is, but some days I should not touch electronics. I killed two red LD's today :(

Im a newbe and I was wondering what are the approxamate specs on these diodes? like wavelength and powers.
Thanks,
Micah

randallmicah said:
Im a newbe and I was wondering what are the approxamate specs on these diodes? like wavelength and powers.
Thanks,
Micah

wavelength: red, thats ALL you need to know

Power: anywhere from 200-300mW

Kai

Is this still on? Do you know when they'll be in?

Kai said:
Is this still on? Do you know when they'll be in?

does it say closed? I dont think so... so yes it is still on. The sooner we get orders the sooner I can order them.

mmykle

Looks like this thread has died down a little, but I'm assuming the GB is till on. Put me down for one please! Might change to two eventually, but one for sure :)

Oh and what current are these run at? like 300ma or so?