Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

older pen designs

hi i wanted to ask if anyone knows where i can get an older type pen model red laser minimum 5mw or above when i say laser pen i mean the ones u would see in the mid to late 90s a ball point ben stainless steel design laser diode at the top so no light was getting caught up in pen itself like the newer ones .

by this i mean the 2 in 1 designs of led and laser ballpoint pen u can see light come through from the switch .

i bought this one recently because it was simlar to one a friend had in 1997 his was same style of bottom anyway where the pen was. his would of been at least 5mw maybe 10 i really am not sure.

this new one how ever stated 1mw but the spec page said 5 its deff a 1mw so i gave it away as it wasnt a great design with the buttons ect i think the fact it had a led aswell lessened the quality of the build anyway heres a pic
BGM030_top.jpg

the only other laser with a pen on ebay was this

ree.jpg

the above was listed as 1mw but was in fact 5mw and i liked this a lot .

but i really want a pen design steel ballpoint pen simlar to the top but with no led a good strong build anyone know where i would even find one like that as they dont seem to make them anymore or maybe im mistaken

anyone got any ideas would be great to get nice laser pen.

the cheap lasers dont seem to be the same quality they were years ago the first one i got in 1997 was a bullet type design wine red color had a top u could screw off just like as if it would project the images some of the other ones with different lenses did but this was just a straight dot.
and was steel that thing had so many falls the shell lost lots of paint over the years but it still worked good cost me 20 pounds back then.

anyway basically looking for a laser pen my friends was i think black or grey at the bottom part and silver at the top. the bottom part was almost identical to the first pic but of course the top was different it also had a rubber push button but from what i remember the laser was at the top of the pen so all the light came out unlike the cheapy ones now.

my friends was also the same kindof thickness and design as the top the laser and pen seperated in the middle to allow putting in the batteries. it was a good one though and pretty bright dot even in the day time .

any help would be great here that laser although im sure if one was for sale it would be very cheap it kindof has a nostalgic value to me lol
if anyone has one put up a pic
cheers

anselm

The usual suspects (DX, Focal, PriceAngels, etc...) all sell a bunch of different laser pens
like the one you had/have there. Can't find one you like among all those?

Blord

You are looking for the exact same model as the top picture ?
I happens to have this model, new in a paperbox.

i dont think you understand what i have asked for i want an actual laser with a ball point pen not a pen style laser a laser pen the zbolt site has nothing remotely like what i am after

i have not posted a pic of what im after i dont have one this was back in 1997 the first pic is the most simlar at the bottom part anyway i dont want a laser led combo .

just a laser with a ball point pen stainless steel casing ect

You are looking for the exact same model as the top picture ?
I happens to have this model, new in a paperbox.

no i gave this model away as it was no good .

the one from 1997 was simlar to this i used this pic to show people a simlar one i bought recently but it wasnt the same .

i know my post may be a bit long but if people read it they will see im after something a little different i have looked everywhere but have had no luck as of yet

cheers

i dont think you understand what i have asked for i want an actual laser with a ball point pen not a pen style laser a laser pen the zbolt site has nothing remotely like what i am after

i have not posted a pic of what im after i dont have one this was back in 1997 the first pic is the most simlar at the bottom part anyway i dont want a laser led combo .

just a laser with a ball point pen stainless steel casing ect

Dude, I posted this link:
Red Laser Pointer Ball Point Pen - Engrave & Personalize, No Order Minimums
Is it not a red 5mW laser with a ball point pen with no LED? Given, it's not stainless steel, but the ones shown in the pictures aren't either. They are painted brass.

Maybe if you had taken some time to browse the recommendation you would have found this: Red & Green Laser Ball Point Pens from Z-Bolt&#174

:rolleyes:

Maybe you should try dealextreme.com. I know they have something similar to the item shown in your picture.

Also, please use punctuation. Your thoughts will be easier to read.

Last edited:

i used the photos i posted as a guide i clearly stated no led combos ect i have looked at deal extreme they do not have what i am looking for thanks anyway

Dude, I posted this link:
Red Laser Pointer Ball Point Pen - Engrave & Personalize, No Order Minimums
Is it not a red 5mW laser with a ball point pen with no LED? Given, it's not stainless steel, but the ones shown in the pictures aren't either. They are painted brass.

Maybe if you had taken some time to browse the recommendation you would have found this: Red & Green Laser Ball Point Pens from Z-Bolt&#174

:rolleyes:

Maybe you should try dealextreme.com. I know they have something similar to the item shown in your picture.

Also, please use punctuation. Your thoughts will be easier to read.

i read your post fine seen all the pics u recomended not what im looking for maybe if u had of read mine u would see i didnt say the ones i posted were made from the same material i clearly stated the top one was a simlar looking pen to the one my friend had just the bottom pen part itself not the top

and the 2nd pic was just to show the only other pen types i have really seen i just posted this as i bought one of thoose recently and they seemed to be the only pen types i have ran across.

the z bolt ones u posted are not what im looking for 3 of 4 links u posted were not even ball point pens .

the ball point pen was better than what was on most websites though
thanks anyway

---------------Off topic---------------

Please learn how to use "Multiquote".

---------------On topic----------------

I got this ~10 years ago and recently the diode died, I'm still looking for another.
Sorry for the quality of the images, I took them using my webcam.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Pic0.jpg
    Pic0.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 164
  • Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 143
  • Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 162
  • Pic3.jpg
    Pic3.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 166
  • Pic4.jpg
    Pic4.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 411
  • Pic6.jpg
    Pic6.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 178
  • Pic7.jpg
    Pic7.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Good lord, what ARE you looking FOR?... those might be the CLOSEST you will get to what you ARE looking for dude.

When I read Kingtut's posts, why do I think of Milton from Office Space? Seriously! Re-read his posts with Milton's voice and it totally matches!

Good lord, what ARE you looking FOR?... those might be the CLOSEST you will get to what you ARE looking for dude.
does using caps lock make it sound better in your own head lol ?

When I read Kingtut's posts, why do I think of Milton from Office Space? Seriously! Re-read his posts with Milton's voice and it totally matches!

why reply to a topic unless u have something positive to offer.

i could tell u what i think u sound like aswell after reading your posts but i feel u may be deeply offended . so im not gonna bother wasting my time..