Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Old Pulsar?

K

kingzilla

Is it still possible to get the old version of the pulsar? Apparently they were better burners. Did they have a smaller beam diameter, or collimation? Anyway, awhile ago I was going to get one but the person I was buying from died or something and the laser was lost, and I have wanted one since. From what I had heard they were great little lasers.

pic_pulsar_red.jpg

S

SenKat

Timelord has one - but I am willing to bet he won't part with it ! :)

Also - if you think the Glowtorch hurt your eyes, the original Pulsar would as well, I am certain....just friendly advice to you, that's all !

K

kingzilla

SenKat said:
Timelord has one - but I am willing to bet he won't part with it ! :)

Also - if you think the Glowtorch hurt your eyes, the original Pulsar would as well, I am certain....just friendly advice to you, that's all !
\

Lol, I am sure he won't part with any laser! ;)

Even though it is 100mw+ less powerful, it will still hurt my eyes? How much less bright will it be?

WAIT, MASSIVE EDIT: Well I found this, they still offer 150mw WL pulsars, I wonder if it could be true!

http://www.telescopesa.za.org/wickedlaserredpulsarseries.htm

Aseras

it's funny that wicked original product line was their best, and instead of improving, they got worse. they need to go back to their roots.

S

SenKat

Well - if that site is to be believed, they still stock all the oldies - man...they must be really dusty by now !

K

kingzilla

SenKat said:
Well - if that site is to be believed, they still stock all the oldies - man...they must be really dusty by now !

I think that is the least of my problems, dusty I can handle, just not scammy. ;D I will email them now! But this seems too good to be true.

T

timelord

Moderator said:
[quote author=SenKat link=1182128258/0#4 date=1182132851]Well - if that site is to be believed, they still stock all the oldies - man...they must be really dusty by now !

I think that is the least of my problems, dusty I can handle, just not scammy. ;D I will email them now! But this seems too good to be true.
[/quote]
Did you get any details from them like prices etc???

I have to wonder if that's an old site just laying around as a relic from the old WL.

NOW, I have to say though, I don't see why you say the old silver pulsars were the best. I think I still have one or two of them laying around here somewhere, but I don't think I agree with your assumption, they were pretty much the same as any other pulsar, and if there is any difference, I doubt it for the better.

Because of my pulsar modding and such I've had a few pulsars sent to me as well as modded a few of my own, which has given me the opportunity to dismantle and play around with all 3 models of the pulsars. They were all nearly the same, but IMO the newer silver and black models have been slightly sturdier and easier to focus mod, and in terms of the diode, the all black models seemed to offer superior power.

All in all, if I were forced to cast my vote for the best pulsar, I'd go for the black one.