Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Old Digitizer and Scanner: useful?

I have two old computer-related items just sitting here at my desk at work. The owner doesn't want them anymore, as they're outdated and not used anymore....

I'm wondering if I can use them for, well, anything (other than their original purpose)? Do they have anything worthwhile inside them for any laser-related tasks? Or do they have some parts that would be useful in other applications?

Here's what I have at my disposal:

SummaSketch III Professional w/ 16-button puck

Visioneer 6100 USB flatbed scanner

FS mirrors, motors, buttons, ect, ect, ect. Plenty of stuff for laser projects.

Digitizer might not have much but I might want to buy it if you want to get rid of it.

I figured the scanner would be a good source of goodies.... I might even hold onto it for a working scanner at home. Or I might rip into it and salvage things. I'm not sure yet.

As for the digitizer, let me know if you'd like to buy it. I have no use for it. I have the 16-button puck and power cord for it. I might have a computer interface cable, too. I'll have to look for that.

Where are you located? I'd hate for you to pay a fortune in shipping....

Yeah, I got it after posting here. I guess I should check my inbox more often. LOL.

I'll check on the working status of the digitizer and get back to you.

Thanks for your interest, and your help w/ my inquiry!