Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

OK Kall me Crazzy but Water cooled hanheld???

So I may have a wattercooling option for all you fan freaks...! I hate noise! If you have some knowledge on watercooling we can connect a waterblock for diodes easily.. cut on the dotted line...

Actually there are alot of passive systems out there. That you wouldnt need a fan for. You do however still need a pump...

To pump the water where? five millimeters to the edge of the case?

Well of couse you would need a resovouir but I think it's possible Definately for a benchtop unit would be easy just have to design a waterblock I really want to give it a go anyway's.. I'm going to build a benchtop test block to add onto my Rig to start and then in a handheld. I think with one of the biger hosts like a 4xD cell or something you may even be able to get a 26650 sise resovoir and small window washer pump into it.

I'm just going to comment here to subscribe to the thread. I like where this is going and wouldn't mind seeing how it turns out. Good luck on your endeavor. :beer:

Unless its a huge handheld. I think it would be way more practical to use a TEC, but dont let that stop you.

AUS

It should be possible to do it without a pump, in a small system if one side is very cool and one very warm convection currents may make the fluid flow without any pump.

That's one sick flashlight... lmao.. I have had some experience with pumpless systems but couldnt get a good flow rate.. more of a trickle that was on a hot water heater system and I ended up having to spend money on a pump anyway's. You still have to get rid of the heat with a Tec system too. I would put a water cooling block on a Tec ... hehe... + with tec it can get so cold that you may have worries about condenstation I guuess that's easy enough to deal with though.. I think I more want to do it just for the fun of trying...