Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

OH GREAT Another 803-t  REST IN PEACE

I did the Dreaded -tried to put axis cover back on over my rckstr driver and twisted the pins off trick

thats two Ive destroyed in this mannor :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Re: OH GREAT Another 803-t  REST IN PEACE

you gotta be careful! and when you notice that the back of the aixiz is not going on perfectly take it out heat up the joints and try again.

Ace82

That's why I don't do it. When the front piece of the module is getting screwed securely to a large secure solid heat sink, why bother? I destroyed the LD you sent me John and It worked great until I screwed in the back of the module. I did it so carefully and I didn't even feel it hard to screw or anything, I did hear a little cracking, thought "oh great" then wasn't surprised at all when it no longer made the violet light. :mad: Took it apart, the pins were ok, but because the contacts came loose from the driver, I'm sure there was a spike and the LD was then a very dull expensive LED. :mad: That's why, I don't screw in the back of the modules for my builds, or maybe you should put a tiny piece of flexible wire between the diode and the driver instead of directly to the driver (if there's enough space in the module) so it can shift a tiny bit and still be ok?

I always drill out the hole at the back of the housing, slightly smaller than the inside diameter, leaving a lip all round to hold the PCB in place. That way you can watch what is happening as you screw it together.

You can see what I mean in the photo below...

Regards rog8811

Attachments

• 803T-02.jpg
    803T-02.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 119

ok up to about 7 dead diodes now i will no longer solder until my new station arrives 7 diodes 80-130 $ ouch solder station 30-200 $$ :-/ ordered a cheapo the other day should get me by until i buy a better one
i kept overheating either the diode or the driver board :'( :'(

bought this one last week
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...5452&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab=Watching

Trying to gety this one in two weeks

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1229571140

Get a glue gun and glue that board to the back of the module where the diode is.

Did you manage to break off both pins?

If it's only one, you have a very good chance of salvaging it since the PHR is case-neutral.. You can solder a little blob over the broken pin, connecting it to the casing, then use the spare case pin as a replacement.

naw i overheated them badly was trying to use a crap crap iron now i am only using a semi crap soldering iron lol :p