Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

OH BOY, here we go! WL to start making LPM's??

Seeing how the Arctic and Krypton have a huge range of 500-1000mW if you read the fine print on their tech specs page, I'm guessing their LPM's will have a range of 10-100% accuracy.

Seems like something they would do. But I feel like someone will only buy a LPM if they already own a laser meaning the whole cherry picking tactic wouldn't work that well

Yeah, I agree. But there must be some sneaky reason for why they wanna build them. I say that because they aren't a serious laser manufacturer like for example Coherent or Melles Griot. In other words, they don't make research tools, they make expensive toys. So then, why the interest in building a test instrument?

On a side note.........Sopark4000, I just gotta ask....What's the deal with your new avatar? I mean, who is that guy, and WTH is he doing? Maybe I'm just bein' dumb, but I totally don't get it, and the curiosity is killing me. :thinking::confused:

Yeah, I agree. But there must be some sneaky reason for why they wanna build them. I say that because they aren't a serious laser manufacturer like for example Coherent or Melles Griot. In other words, they don't make research tools, they make expensive toys. So then, why the interest in building a test instrument?

On a side note.........Sopark4000, I just gotta ask....What's the deal with your new avatar? I mean, who is that guy, and WTH is he doing? Maybe I'm just bein' dumb, but I totally don't get it, and the curiosity is killing me. :thinking::confused:

Its from the interrogation room suicide.

Benm

It could all be a horrible marketing scheme/scam, but lets just see what they manage to come up with :)

I suppose it wont be long for lpf members to obtain a few of these meters and see what they actually do. It would be interesting if they all read too high, but i doubt they would come up with a scheme that simple.

The WickedLaser LPM is going to put LaserBee out of business. Here's why -

From what I've heard, their design is revolutionary. They've developed a "sensorless meter". We tease WickedLasers from time to time, but they are true innovators. The LPM itself is portable. There's a dial on the LPM with a dozen or so positions corresponding to the various WickedLaser pointer models. For example - "Krypton 750mW" or "Core 100mW".

You set the dial to the correct WickedLaser model (ex. "Arctic 1W"), and then merely place the LPM on your desktop next to the WickedLaser product you're metering. I've heard that the response time is even faster than an Ophir sensor-based LPM. With your pointer model dialed in, you press a button labeled "Take Reading", and the display instantly lights up with your laser's output power - "1W"

Sounds pretty cool. I don't know how Jerry will compete.

*slow golf clap*

Bravo sir. Bravo.

Its from the interrogation room suicide.

AAH, OK. Thanks. That certainly puts it in perspective, and I can see what he's doing. I couldn't tell before, and it just looked like he leaned forward and grabbed something, and then dropped it. Kinda disturbing, now that I get it.

AAH, OK. Thanks. That certainly puts it in perspective, and I can see what he's doing. I couldn't tell before, and it just looked like he leaned forward and grabbed something, and then dropped it. Kinda disturbing, now that I get it.

Yeah, glad it's gone now tbh. It was making me ill.

madog

While I do like rhd's posts in this thread, I think we are way overthinking this. Wicked Lasers does't have enough sense to hire a professional to handle the R&D, why would they ask the community to give input? They simply see an opportunity to make more money. They are not capable of the profound thought processes that some of us have suggested!

Hope you guys like the new avatar. Also there was no need to neg rep me and threaten to have others neg rep me before asking me to remove it. But either way I hope you like the new one. ;)

Seeing how the Arctic and Krypton have a huge range of 500-1000mW if you read the fine print on their tech specs page, I'm guessing their LPM's will have a range of 10-100% accuracy.

Thats basically what I said before. It sounds ridiculous until you consider that thats really what they do with all there lasers. They would just make a LPM that gives 20%-25% higher readings and in the fine print for the LPM they would just include +/- 25%. Like we said, it's the same exact thing they do with all there crap lasers so why wouldn't they do it for a LPM?

I guess the most obvious joke to make, is already made 10 times over now. Sigh...

Anyway, if they DO make them read on spec, then that'll be the end of them, because hardly any laser thay make will be of the correct strenght.