Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Offer to Australians: CANCELLED

Those new imports laws come in to affect in a bit less than a month. So annoying. I don't think we should be denied the right to have our lasers!

Now, I came up with an interesting idea. Since I've got a ton of cash I don't need for anything, I was thinking of putting it to some use. I'm sure there are people out there who want some nice lasers, but won't be able to raise the funds in time. So here's my offer, I can purchase the laser you want and hold on to it for you. Once you raise the funds you send me the cash (plus additional for any extra shipping) and I'll send the laser. Problem solved :)

No obligation either. If you in the end decide you don't want the laser, that's no problem. I'll just offer it to sale on these forums for some other Australian to purchase.

Also, I was also thinking of purchasing with any additional money a set of lasers, like 125mW Novas or something. Then reselling them to Australians (maybe even for a little profit for providing this service :) ). I won't even open the packages, so they'll be brand new. I would only want to purchase reliable lasers this way, since returning them sort of defeats the purpose of this deal.

So, would that be a good idea? Would anyone be interested in such a deal?

EDIT: Hey, here's an idea! I could use any profits from this little scheme to purchase a power meter. That way, I can provide a service for Australians to test their lasers without having to ship them overseas and potentially lose them :)

Re: Offer to Australians

Great idea! I already bought the DX 150mw baton style though ::)

I reckon I could get 5 X-125mW, or since they are out of stock, 6 X-100mW! Or even 8 X-75mw, since they are still in the power region for burning.

I was also thinking about the dilda, but since you can still legally acquire the materials to build red lasers, it'll be the greenies that are the hard ones to get :)

Anyone have any other suggestions for good reliable, desirable greenies?

WOW youre a nice person!
If the UK ever gets a laser ban I sure as hell hope that theres someone like you around to do this :)
If I could Id +1 rep you, but alas, I cant >.<

Okay, a ton of money has been transferred to my paypal. Takes 5 or so days to complete.

Once the money has been transferred, I'll be buying straight away so I can make sure the lasers arrive before the ban comes in place. So get in your requests quick :) Any money I have left over will go towards buying some nice greenies to sell after the ban is in place.

Some limitations for the requests:
-Red DIYs and blu-rays are fine, but since these can be built by someone locally, greenies will take precedence. Depends on the interest I get.
-You aren't obligated to purchase the laser I get to hold on for you, but I'd be much happier if you did take it :) So only order if you are serious.
-Nothing expensive too. This deal is so all those people who wanted lasers can get them, not so you can get that 500mW Herc :)

Sounds like a good idea but the reason I am actually replying here is the fact 'isnt this illegal' crossed my mind. Not going to stop you but watch yourself...

Yeah, probably :)

If I do get worried about laws, I'll just sell the lasers completely non-profit. I don't think there is much case for illegal since I'm not getting any money out of it. I mean, fundamentally I'm just selling second hand lasers. And I'm fairly sure selling things second hand isn't illegal, otherwise eBay is one big fraud :-X

Murudai said:
Yeah, probably :)

If I do get worried about laws, I'll just sell the lasers completely non-profit. I don't think there is much case for illegal since I'm not getting any money out of it. I mean, fundamentally I'm just selling second hand lasers. And I'm fairly sure selling things second hand isn't illegal, otherwise eBay is one big fraud  :-X

Im just thinking its sort of smuggling goods across the border, I dont think any country takes kindly to tobacco or anything being smuggled like that so I am sure they wont take to lasers well either...

Feel sorry for aus actually, no lasers equals no fun.

lamborgini8 said:
[quote author=Murudai link=1212673883/0#6 date=1212679221]Yeah, probably :)

If I do get worried about laws, I'll just sell the lasers completely non-profit. I don't think there is much case for illegal since I'm not getting any money out of it. I mean, fundamentally I'm just selling second hand lasers. And I'm fairly sure selling things second hand isn't illegal, otherwise eBay is one big fraud  :-X

Im just thinking its sort of smuggling goods across the border, I dont think any country takes kindly to tobacco or anything being smuggled like that so I am sure they wont take to lasers well either...

Feel sorry for aus actually, no lasers equals no fun. [/quote]
Its not "smuggling across the border" right now when its still legal to import lasers into Australia. If he buys them after July 1st then its "smuggling across the border" because by then lasers are illegal to import into Australia.

I dont know about import duties in oz but I always split up big orders to DX to avoid paying it in the uk, I once got caught for 22% on something, lesson learnt...

Just a thought, it may be worth checking.

Regards rog8811

Change of plans. Since ANOTHER RPL-400 came up for cheap, and I already purchased an RPL-300, I may buy both. That way, I can sell one of them after the ban is in place.

I'm sure someone in Australia will be looking for a high powered greenies, especially of Opotronics quality :) Plus this way I don't have to worry about customs going "Why is this guy importing 10 high powered greenies?" kinda thing :)

It'd be great if you could hold on to an x125 w/ carrying case for me :) You'll have no problem selling it too if I decide otherwise, right?

Things

Wow nice idea, though i'd have problems with the "paying you back" bit ;D ;D ;D ;D Nice to know there is still a potential source of lasers ;)

hmm i would say rpl 300 but there is no way i could pay you back unless u can wait 1-3 years

VillageIdiot said:
It'd be great if you could hold on to an x125 w/ carrying case for me :) You'll have no problem selling it too if I decide otherwise, right?

No, I wouldn't have any problem selling it :)

Problem is, it says it is sold out. And I don't have much time to wait for it to come in stock :(

Bump

Funds are in. I just went to get an x100 NOVA, but they don't take paypal... :'( :'( Anyone capable of paying on NOVA and also has a paypal account willing to help me out? :) PM me.

So what I'll have up for sale after the ban comes in to place if everything works out nicely is this:

- WL Fusion 125mW greenie (I'll have the output verified before I list that one for sale)
- 70mW Box blu-ray from skram0 http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1211271865
- RPL-300
- MAYBE a WL CORE 5mW greenie
- MAYBE a red DX200 (though, not sure if I'll ever want to part with it :) )

Maybe something else too, if someone knows of a nice deal to get a good greenie.

I'll sell most of these for a fixed price, but I'll most likely be auctioning off the RPL-300. That's because 'first come, first served' doesn't really work out so well if you'll never get another opportunity to buy one of these lasers. I want to give everyone a fair chance at this laser, and auctioning it off is the only way to do that.