Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Odicforce 3 element 405nm lens

Morgan

Hi All,

As there has been a rush to get a good solution to the dire output of our new acquaintance in blue I was sent a 3 element AR coated lens similar to the Aixiz one to compare. It is a full threaded body and looks to be identical.

Here are the results:

Beam with Aixiz lens at 8.8m. Beam size - approx 15mm x 2-3mm. The slightly smudgey appearance is likely to be because of focus or dirt on the lens. We've seen Jayrob's photos and they show a much cleaner line. As it was just starting to rain when I took these, I needed to put my skates on. :umbrella: ( < I was wondering when I'd get chance to use that one! < :D )

amv7z9.jpg

Beam with Odicforce lens at the same distance. Beam size - the same.

2iwaa02.jpg

Some power measurements

Standard Aixiz Acrylic, (Small Aperture) - 190mW
Standard Aixiz Acrylic, (Large Aperture) - 208mW
Blue AR coated glass - 234mW
Aixiz 3 element AR Glass - 241mW
Jayrob's 405-G-1 - 290mW (poor beam, as we know)

These show it to be just under 3% less output than the Aixiz option. For us in the UK this is good news as these lenses are from a different source, although still from China, and they are cheaper and will arrive quicker! As far as I'm aware, these are the original coating for 405nm so I don't know if there will be a future 445nm coating, (or broadband at least).

Could the 3% just be a batching thing and actually come from the same supplier that Aixiz sources from?

Any more info on this and you'll have to ask Jon at Odicforce.com. I know he had a few of these left in stock but I want some too, so don't go flooding him with orders! ;)

Thanks,

M
:)

Last edited:

Morgan
I ordered x2 of the 405nm AR coated glass from Jon straight after I got the wrong blue coatings for red off Aixiz.
But these 405nm Lens from Odic were also coated blue just like the Aixiz!

Im thinking both Jon & Chuck have been buying lens from the same factory, what a nightmare for them both! x2 excellent companies BTW
Im convinced these guys will see us right in the end :)

Morgan

The one I got definitely had the yellowish coating and, incidentally was terrible when used with an LOC in error! Something to watch out for though.

M
:)

ped

Ive had all kinds off odic...allways top notch service.