Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Odd shaped Circle

My 55mw CNI is acting strange :(

Its fairly new-maybe a month or so and it just recently has gotten a complete circle around the dot.....

Its located pretty far away from the center dot-maybe twice as far as the dots diameter with the scatter...... it makes a complete circle around the dot...

Now its not horrible but it certainly is annoying. Im not gonna mak a huge stink because it still burns pretty well for a 55 and its not worth the shipping to china to get it fixed.

Just curious if anyone had this problem or has any advise...

P.S.

I doubt its the lens as well. Ive cleaned it with a Q-tip after it got the circle (Circle came before any cleaning was made.....) and its still the same place... could it be a diode/crystal problem?

Ill post a picture some time to come so you get an idea of what it looks like. My camra is downstairs and its pretty dark right now hhe

im almost positive its just the shiny gold on the aperature that is reflecting the light, is it only up close where it happens or is it far away.

Take a piece of paper and use a pen to put a whole just the size of the hole on the aperature then put it over it and see if teh circle is still there.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

wooooooolazer said:
im almost positive its just the shiny gold on the aperature that is reflecting the light, is it only up close where it happens or is it far away.

Take a piece of paper and use a pen to put a whole just the size of the hole on the aperature then put it over it and see if teh circle is still there.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

I removed the aperture cap and it still does it....... also wiped the len s off one more time-got rid of some scatter but the circle is still there.....

Ill post a pic tomorrow....