Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Odd issue I want to share...{MAJOR RANT}

Placebo said:
Check out this ad on Craigslist (San Francisco Bay Area, CA) Sound familiar?

Can't post actual links yet even in a quote...

BFG is going to Craiglist, probably trolling for people who are not familiar with forums. BFG currently has listings in the US in Austin, Denver, San Fransisco, Memphis and Phoenix.

All of them are prohibited items on Craigslist.

-- Rev

Daedal

Desperation leads to some of the craziest actions... proof above...

--DDL

roarg

Kenom said:
STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND HONOR THE CLAIMS YOUR MAKING ON YOUR LASER OR BOW OUT NOW.  WE WILL RUN YOU OUT OF BUSINESS.  YOU THINK A FEW PEOPLE ON A FORUM ARE INSIGNIFICANT BUT I ASSURE YOU, WE ARE THE ONES WHO MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO START A BUSINESS.  WITHOUT US THERE IS NO YOU.  WE KNOW OTHERS AND THOSE OTHERS KNOW OTHERS AND SO ON.  WORD OF MOUTH TRAVELS INSTANTLY ON THE INTERNET.  BLOGS WILL POP UP EVERYWHERE AND YOU WILL BE RUINED.  NOW IS YOUR CHANCE TO BE A PERSON OF INTEGRITY AND HONOR.  DO THE RIGHT THING!

BE A MAN!

sorry :p saw the opportunity :-X

Whew, I can understand some products not arriving in the right shape or working order... But I always expect the selling person to have some type of warranty against this ish...

Well well well, another company goes on the "Do Not Buy From" list in my book!

thanks for the info guys...

K-

millionaire said:
This is one reason why i do not trust reviews that much because lets say we will use for example a company called MajorLasers (not a real company) and they email senkat and tell him they are sending him one of their 125 mW lasers. So we here at LPF are all happy waiting for a review but what the company could do is with a power meter spend a couple of days testing out their 125 mW lasers until they get a freak on that measures well above the 125 mW. Thus is sending a freak lasers in for a review it makes the company look that much better on their part when really 1 in 100 might only turn out that good. I know most companies are not like this and offer them to test your laser prior to shipping like LaserGLow but this is one reason why i dont trust reviews that much/

I do see your point and agree in the purest sense, but you would "never" buy a laser based on one review.... especially if the company paid or purposely sent the laser for review.... like you said.. who knows if it was hand picked?

But when you read random customers reviews who ordered theirs like any Joe, then that adds up to mean something.

The reviews like Senkat did often gives you clues and juicy tidbits that you don't get from the average Joe.
A professional can slice and dice the pros and cons better than most and know what to look for.

In the end when the dust settles, you know the features and strengths and weaknesses better.

I'd like to here the details of the RMA that was offered. I received a defective Laser, upon delivery it was very dim & only measured a scant 4mw. Emailed him right away, was told to put fresh batteries in the unit & to be sure the cap was screwed on tight. Checked all of that, yiks, the batteries were from a sealed pack dated 2012. Anyhow he then replied back stating I can RMA the unit, BUT do NOT declare more than $5.00 value, as he will have to pay a VAT on the unit and thus he will REFUSE the item. So you basically have to send it back with no insurance, thus taking a big risk from lost packages. Funny when he ships to you, he declares/insures for full value and could care less if you have to pay any customs fees on it. When asked about it, he replied he doesn't make the rules, not his fault about the VAT tax, and he will NOT pay to receive an RMA Laser back, plain & simple.

N00B

I think the reason is that he has to pay a certain Canada tax on items that are more expensive, where here in the US we dont. At least thats how i understood it.

Aseras

You should declare full value and mark in the customs declaration that it is a RMA to repair/replace and included a copy of the original invoice/packing slip in the box. I've returned LOTS of stuff overseas and never had a problem doing that.

Justin

When returning product to Canada, all you have to do is declare full value and state on the Commercial invoice "Canadian Product Returned For Warranty Repair - No Commercial Value". This is how Laserglow has been doing it for years and we rarely have any problems except when people forget to mark the package correctly as a returned item. Customs will sometimes ask for proof of original export from Canada, but if you're shipping things correctly in the first place this should not be a difficult request.

In short, the story from BFG is bunk or he doesn't know what he's talking about.