Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like's 1 x 200mW blu-ray torch/adjustable/focusable (OL-405-200-T)

Received my 1 x 200mW blu-ray torch/adjustable/focusable (OL-405-200-T) from O-Like first thing Friday morning...
so far I've got very mixed feelings about it.
it's very light and slim but to be honest it feels delicate, and almost fragile.
but the thing that is bothering me the most is the beam and it's focus...
when set with the focus uh... bezel turned fully counter clock wise,
the rectangular beam is at a very diffuse focus as you turn the bezel clock wise to narrow the focus the bezel wobbles to the point of moving the beam all over hells half acre.
the beam generally reaches a burning focus near the end of the threads for the bezel, going past this point the body and bezel are pretty well un-threaded with only the sticky greasy goop that lubricates the threads keeping the bezel on the tube of the body. at this point the focus is diffuse again but the beam is now round although huge.
now what really bothers me is that at the diffuse the actual light spot it is projecting looks very odd.
it looks like a black light photo of the lunar surface.
spotty, granular, big spots that look like bubbles, and they move around or blink in and out if you turn the laser slowly.
i'm endeavoring to take pics of this be I don't think my digital is advanced enough to capture what I'm talking about.

here is a shot taken from 6' with both a 532nM 5mW gun site laser and the 405nm 100mW O-Like laser.
DSCI0474.jpg

more to follow as I get the results.