Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like... Well Im confused and pissed and really confused help me!!

I recently decided that I wanted to order a laser so I posted a thread on this forum asking about some good sites and was recommended o-like or lazerer.. I ordered this laser:Power Rock Green laser Torch 200mW /Focusable&Waterproof [OLPRGL200] - $132.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce and received it this morning after a few weeks of shipping time probably about two. So I opened up the package charged the battery that came with it with my Xtar WP2 battery charger. I popped in the battery and turned it on in my bathroom and played with it for a little bit in the dark. Then I decided to let it rest so I unscrewed the back and took out the battery then I got curious and decided to unscrew the head just to see what happened all I saw was a laser diode and the head cap so I screwed it back on. I came back later and put the battery back in turned it on and nothing happened... I troubleshooted with the battery flipping it around a time or two because I thought I put it in wrong but finally confirmed that I had it right and it just won't work... Did I mess something up when I unscrewed the head? Or is there some kind of cool down time after use? Is it forbidden to remove the head because I have never heard of such a rule? The battery seems like it wiggles around a little bit maybe thats the problem Im kind of freaking out right now:yabbem: What is the matter?

AnthoT

If you unscrewed the head then you may have ripped the wires connectin to the diode or ripped the diode leads off... Pictures would help

Removing the focus adapter - the top part - shouldn't have damaged your laser in any way. Not unless you also messed around with the insides after.

There is no way to tell why it didn't turn on after.

Putting in the battery + inside was a big mistake though. These lasers don't have reverse polarity protection, and there is a good chance that if it wasn't dead before it is now.:(

Make sure the battery is fully charged, to at least 3.7v, and try bypassing the tail cap. If that doesn't help, unfortunately what you're left with is a nice looking host :(

Last edited:
Bypassing the tail cap what do you mean? The battery was fully charged when i first put it in the laser. So if the negative was facing the tail cap and it was on for a while I guess I just fried my lasers wiring? I just put the battery in facing the right way and it worked for a little bit then I tried to focus it down to a dot and it quit working....OMG I AM SO MAD!!!!! Is there any way I can get a refund or something? warranty? can I fix it? Im not going to mess with it any more until I hear back from you.

removing the focus adapter - the top part - shouldn't have damaged your laser in any way. Not unless you also messed around with the insides after.

There is no way to tell why it didn't turn on after.

Putting in the battery + inside was a big mistake though. These lasers don't have reverse polarity protection, and there is a good chance that if it wasn't dead before it is now.:(

make sure the battery is fully charged, to at least 3.7v, and try bypassing the tail cap. If that doesn't help, unfortunately what you're left with is a nice looking host :(

helpppp!

What I mean by bypassing the tailcap, is you can use a piece of insulated wire and use it to make contact between the battery and the host.

If you tested the battery, and bypassing the tailcap doesn't help, then unfortunately you're out of luck.

Damage from putting battery in the wrong way is pretty obvious. Contact o-like they may do something for you. Otherwise the only other option i see for you is to sell the host on here, and buy another laser.

According to what Susi has been told me, his laser have reverse polarity protection.

If not, then there would be a lot of laser damaged.

What I mean by bypassing the tailcap, is you can use a piece of insulated wire and use it to make contact between the battery and the host.

If you tested the battery, and bypassing the tailcap doesn't help, then unfortunately you're out of luck.

Damage from putting battery in the wrong way is pretty obvious. Contact o-like they may do something for you. Otherwise the only other option i see for you is to sell the host on here, and buy another laser.

So connect a piece of wire to the + end on the battery and then through the spring and into the tail cap? Is that how I do it? Is it okay to fiddle with my laser and try to get it to work now? Or would that cause further damage?

Last edited:
According to what Susi has been told me, his laser have reverse polarity protection.

So do I have a faulty laser or battery or something? I only had the battery wrong for maybe a total of 45second-a minute of run time.

Put your battery in like you normally would. Take your wire and touch the battery and at the same time touch the other end of the wire to the threads of your host. I don't know how much easier I can explain it.

Put your battery in like you normally would. Take your wire and touch the battery and at the same time touch the other end of the wire to the threads of your host. I don't know how much easier I can explain it.

Okay I will try that now

Really?!?!? Since when? They didn't use reverse polarity protection in the past, and their green lasers do seem to have issues a lot lately.

Really?!?!? Since when? They didn't use reverse polarity protection in the past, and their green lasers do seem to have issues a lot lately.

So I advise you to call Susi and tell her she's is a liar then.

Edit: @Viper999

A picture is worth a thousand words.

You do this, but pressing with the fingers, of course.

IMG_9517.jpg

Last edited:
So I advise you to call Susi and tell her she's is a liar then.

Edit: @Viper999

A picture is worth a thousand words.

You do this, but pressing with the fingers, of course.

IMG_9517.jpg

Wow... Does Susi work for O-like? You would think a $133 laser would have reverse polarity protection... I just made a dumb mistake.. I guess I wasn't paying attention. Okay thanks for the picture! Should I just stick it in the whole and then hold against the threads? It looks like the wire is soldered into the + end.

Last edited:
positive to the tail cap on green lasers except otherwise noted. you probably cooked it. another test might be that the crystals were knocked out of alignment when you opened the lens compartment. assuming you have your IR goggles. use your camera on your phone. take a video of the end of the pointer without the lense assembly on, just the diode showing and flash it a couple times. IR shows up as a white flash on cameras and can be picked up. i wouldn't recommend looking anywhere near it when doing this as the IR should be comming out dang hot if it is working.

other than that... she's cooked.